1241 F

King19

The very first time I fired up my KJ Jr, I got distracted, and the needle went past the 900° mark.  It was blazing hot, and the red Jr was purple on the outside.  But, not cracks, etc.. Just fine.

The 2nd time it went nuclear, the gasket melted to itself, took a good heavy knife to open the lid.  The gasket is now hard as a rock, but it seems to be doing the job so far.  No leakage enough to matter....

I was doing a burnoff after cooking perfect chicken thighs

Tried to grab pan with tongs and they malfunctioned (they dont connect) and tossed the chicken fat/juice on flame

2 seconds to ingnite 2 feet from igniting the house

I was doing a burnoff after cooking perfect chicken thighs

Tried to grab pan with tongs and they malfunctioned (they dont connect) and tossed the chicken fat/juice on flame

2 seconds to ingnite 2 feet from igniting the house

Ouch ... may be redundant, but really glad you came through that OK ...

Wow glad all is well. The first time I fired up my vision classic I walked away thinking it's charcoal I've got time. Yeah when I came back over the needle was berries my best guess is 850 or so. I immediately turned down the vents but zmy first gasket was in bad shape.