KJ heat deflectors wow

I have the habit of putting my heat deflectors on my Gasser when I am switching from smoking to saucing over direct heat. I've noticed the temp on the Gasser shoots up to 200.

Trying to post a picture but having an issue. I'll try tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Those ribs look fantastic but I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you putting hot deflectors on a cold and fireless Weber and the ambient temp shoots up to around 200F?

Yes, that is what I am saying. The heat from the deflectors raises the temp in the gas grill to around 200 in just a few minutes.

The temp on the Weber.

Just from this

2d3d824f98f3b39a41638ba7f133f71e.jpg

And this is what I cooked.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I guess I am lost as to the point of the OP, but why is the X Rack sitting on top of the defectors? :huh: 

"I have the habit of putting my heat deflectors on my Gasser when I am switching from smoking to saucing over direct heat. I've noticed the temp on the Gasser shoots up to 200." .....shoots up to 200 from what temp, or do you mean it increases 200*F?.....I'm totally lost!

i was just pointing out how hot the deflectors got on the KJ while smoking the ribs. I moved them to the gas grill since they were really hot and it is a safe place for hot items. I was surprised that, without lighting the gas grill, the temp in the gas grill reached almost 200 degrees from being 80ish in the evening.. it just points out, as mewantkj stated the thermal capacity of the deflectors. i was just amazed.

Maybe it would be a little more clear if I tell you how I cook ribs. I smoke them until they stall then wrap in foil to finish. At the end, I remove my heat deflectors and put my grates in the lowest position. I open the vents all the way, brush the ribs in bbq sauce and burn the sauce on over direct heat. It is when I move the heat deflectors to the cold gas grill that I see the temp in the grill spike.

Hope that makes this clear.