Tafkas

Jalapeno Cheddar bread recipe

From the desktop of my computer. I frequently write these things down with pictures because friends ask me for recipes and I like to keep records.  No big deal, if it's a problem just take it down.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Test run making Five-Grain Bread with Pate Fermentee.    Taste is very good.   I thought I had sunflower seeds but I didn’t so I used toasted sesame seeds in place of sunflower seeds.  Happy with result.   No picture of brotform loaf because I used expansion rack on Kamado and temperature gauge punctured one end of the loaf so appearance not nice.   With baking loafs I shouldn’t use expansion rack.  Small loaf baked on main rack. 

• By DerHusker
      I been wanting to do this for a long time but didn’t have a proper equipment or the correct weather conditions. I recently bought an A-MAZE-N smoking tube.

It was expected to get down to 41 degrees (fairly cool nights for Southern California) and it was only 67 during the day so I decided to give this a try. Around 4:00 PM I started by cooling the kamado down by placing 5 pieces of Blue Ice in it.

Around 8:30 it reached 50 degrees outside, so I started up the A-MAZE-N smoking tube in my gasser so as not to heat up the kamado.

Once it ignited, I let it burn for a few minutes

before blowing out the flame.

I let it smoke while I went in and prepared the cheese. I had purchased 2 lbs. of Gouda, Colby Jack and Sharp Cheddar at Costco.

I took them out of their wrappers.

I cut them up into smaller sizes so they could absorb more smoke and placed them on a wire rack.

I then placed the A-MAZE-N smoking tube in the bottom of my kamado. I next put in both of my ceramic heat deflectors, then the grill grates and then the rack of cheese. (You can see some of the smoke coming up around the deflectors)

I closed the lid and observed a small amount of smoke coming out the top vent.

An hour later it looked like this.

After two hours in the smoke I opened the lid. WOW!

I brought the rack in the house where I could see a subtle change in the cheese color.

I vacuum packed them all and placed them in the fridge to age and mellow for 3 weeks.

This morning I when out to see how much of the pellets were left in the A-MAZE-N smoking tube. It looks like approximately 1/3 was left unburnt. I’m thinking it could’ve gone at least another hour.

I can’t wait to try them but will wait to let time do its thing on them first.

Thanks for looking.
      Brown Rice bread, test run.  Happy with taste, crumb and texture. I should have stopped at 30 minutes instead I took off after 38 minutes.  Bottom of both loaves charred.  This is tasty recipe.  If I hadn’t charred bottom it would have been perfect.  Outside temperatures-28 C.   Recipe is keeper.   I like the taste of the bread. 

Test run on Whole-Wheat Bread with multigrain soaker was very successful.  Bread has very nice flavour and slight crunch.    If my two boys like the taste it will become a regular family recipe.  Enjoy the photos.   

Test Run successful on Whole-wheat bread with Hazelnuts and Currants.   The Bosch Universal Plus is awesome mixer.   It only took 1 minute on speed 1 to thoroughly incorporate the roasted hazelnuts and currants.   Flavour very nice, texture and crumb very good.   This recipe would make very good Christmas Buns.