Kamado Guru Software Upgrade

I've tried Tapatalk and don't like it. I set my phone to get the desktop version instead of mobile version so the forum works just fine.

Same. I use the desktop version on my phone that gives me the same experience on all my devices - laptop, iPad, and iPhone.

I've tried tapatalk a few times and it's never felt comfortable to me.

Per John's suggestion I did a few sessions on the KK forum (version 4.x) using the mobile skin to test out what the new software will be like. Here is what I noticed compared to tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a bit easier to navigate through the major functions. To switch between new content, time line, and forums is one click on tapatalk. On the mobile skin you have to go into a menu then a sub menu, total of 3 clicks. That to me is a non issue as both are easy enough.

But.....

On the mobile skin I couldn't find anywhere to change my personal theme to a dark background (tapatalk has that ability). I also couldn't find a way to make my font bigger or to make it bold. Because of this the mobile skin is much harder to read than tapatalk (eyes aren't what they use to be).

I fully admit I might not know what I'm doing and if somebody could direct me to solving those issues I'm more than willing. As of right now tapatalk wins hands down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Per John's suggestion I did a few sessions on the KK forum (version 4.x) using the mobile skin to test out what the new software will be like. Here is what I noticed compared to tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a bit easier to navigate through the major functions. To switch between new content, time line, and forums is one click on tapatalk. On the mobile skin you have to go into a menu then a sub menu, total of 3 clicks. That to me is a non issue as both are easy enough.

But.....

On the mobile skin I couldn't find anywhere to change my personal theme to a dark background (tapatalk has that ability). I also couldn't find a way to make my font bigger or to make it bold. Because of this the mobile skin is much harder to read than tapatalk (eyes aren't what they use to be).

I fully admit I might not know what I'm doing and if somebody could direct me to solving those issues I'm more than willing. As of right now tapatalk wins hands down.

Not sure about the theme as I use the default but you should be able to set the text size in your browser. I either pinch zoom or set it in the setting menu. 

But.....

Not sure about the theme as I use the default but you should be able to set the text size in your browser. I either pinch zoom or set it in the setting menu.
Found the font size in the browser settings. TY that solves one of the problems.

But.....

There's a $20 add-on for IPS 4 that provides custom tabs that will make it easier. There custom plugin's that can address your concern. There's also custom themes that have a toggle switch to change between light and dark.

Guys need to remember to be kind enough to donate to the site to help fund the add-on's.

Edited by Charcoal Addict