does costco usually carry tri tip?

My Costco can be packed with customers, and we usually don't have to wait long to checkout. When we go to SAMs, they will have far less business, only have a few checkout lanes open run by untrained employees, and the checkout process is always long and frustrating.

Costco has it together...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Costcos in my area (northern Illinois) have never had them or at least never when I peruse the meat dept.  I have found them at specialty grocery stores in my area but have yet to run across them at Costco.

My Costco can be packed with customers, and we usually don't have to wait long to checkout. When we go to SAMs, they will have far less business, only have a few checkout lanes open run by untrained employees, and the checkout process is always long and frustrating.

Costco has it together...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is so true. Same thing at bjs if 3 people are in front of you it's slower than 10 at costco. 

I love Costco. Our's has a Sam's literally one block up from it and on any given day the Costco has about 3 x's as many customers...It can get really claustrophobic on the weekends but I still like it better than Sam's and as others have said, the service is usually better. 

As for the meat, I don't really have complaints at either place. Costco definitely has more seafood and more prime grade beef. 

Prime packer brisket at a great price. They used to carry tri-tip in Indianapolis but stopped. I am always after them to bring it back. St. Louis trimmed ribs, baby backs and spares. Great steaks, other cuts of beef and fabulous seafood.

Unless you live near the New England coast you will not find better Scallops. Dry pack diver scallops.

The executive membership is the way to go.

Bernzy