Sign in to follow this  
75tranzam

"Fed in the Med!" entree caught Sunday...

Well it looks like I might not get to cook my entree this month!

I went to work on Wednesday and developed severe abdominal pains around 10am. I tried to make it through the day but around 1pm I started to feel really bad and took off for home and barely made the 35 minute drive through the pain. After a trip to Urgent Care, an ambulance ride to the hospital and a 6 hour visit in the ER it was determined that I had a gallbladder full of stones. I was presented with the choice of going home full of pain medicine and seeing my surgeon on Friday for a follow up to schedule surgery or staying overnight for surgery on Thursday. I opted to stay, really for the pain medication because the pain was so severe, and they fit me in for surgery on Thursday. Folks, let me tell you, these stones were the worst pain I've experienced in 49 years and I've had a trilateral fracture of my left ankle, tore my lower back up good and split my breastbone and broke 3 ribs playing tight end in HS. My doctor told me that women who have had gallstones and done natural childbirth swear the GS are more painful.

Good thing I opted for that because my gallbladder had developed gangrene and burst while they were removing it! Modern medicine is amazing, they did everything laparoscopic and I was discharged Thursday around 6pm with a warning that if he missed any of the spilled stones I could develop an infection. I'll be off my feet until Wednesday when I go to see my surgeon who'll clear me to resume normal activity and return to work.

Wednesday is the 31st and the last day of the challenge so maybe I'll get to cook my entree but if not bass freezes pretty well and it's vacuum sealed waiting to be cooked!

Your not having a good run of luck mate sorry to hear. I would have stayed as well get it over and done with. I've chopped a bit of my left thumb off cleaning a motorcycle chain stupid lucky I have good reflexes, cracked a rib when I came off a dirt bike and have hade a broken jaw when I used to do boxing. Hope you heel fast mate

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

Your not having a good run of luck mate sorry to hear. I would have stayed as well get it over and done with. I've chopped a bit of my left thumb off cleaning a motorcycle chain stupid lucky I have good reflexes, cracked a rib when I came off a dirt bike and have hade a broken jaw when I used to do boxing. Hope you heel fast mate

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill♨

You know it would be easy to think that but I feel the opposite is true! I just got a new position/promotion at Capital One I was supposed to start tomorrow (Monday) with a substantial raise and my daughter just started college at VCU last week as well so I can't complain about bad luck at all. I'll be starting my new role a week later due to recovery time but my sister is coming for a planned visit with my nephew so I'll have more time to spend with her.

Considering what could have happened if I hadn't gone to the Urgent Care and gotten such good care there and at the hospital God has really been good to me and looked out for me and my family and most importantly blessed me recently.

No complaints from me!

Line from the movie God's Not Dead: "God is good all the time and all the time is God is good."

I'm glad that everything turned out well and you went to urgent care when you did. Here's to a speedy recovery. Congrats on your recent promotion!