Meatloaf anyone..?

I can already hear a course of "No thanks!"  But the boss found a Cook's test kitchen recipe for meatloaf some years ago that is really good and has a tangy chili sauce that takes it over the top.  Last night when the boss put it together she had me cook it on the Big Joe and it turned out great.  I didn't add any extra smoke wood but she thought the added charcoal flavor made it that much better.

No pics, bosses camera is on the fritz.

Yes... sign me up.  I love meatloaf, and it hard to come by in my house.  My wife doesn't really like it she tolerates it, nor do my kids having been influenced by my wife.  However, come Fathers Day or my birthday, I can request any meal, and at least one of those days its meatloaf and my wife happily makes it.   The Cook's recipe is a good one to follow :-)

And meatloaf always task better cooked on the grill, and now it's cooked on the kamado.  which i'm happy to do even if its Fathers Day or my birthday

As a side note, since I cook regularly on weekends which my wife and kids love, if i slipped in a meatloaf from time to time I'm sure they would eat it.

Leftovers are great, Meatloaf sandwich anyone?  meatloaf, lettuce, a little mayo and a tomato, Yum!

I love kamado meatloaf. I don't know why meatloaf has the bad rep it has. Maybe people using too many bread crumbs?? I now like to bacon wrap mine and add a few chunks of wood. So irresistible.

The bad rep for meatloaf may come from that horrible stuff public schools served for lunch (or at least the school I went to)! :) I didn't eat meatloaf for years because of it. Just started eating it recently and I agree meatloaf from the kamado is delicious.

I haven't made meatloaf in a long time.  But last night I had some leftover meatloaf from the in-laws.  I put it between some homemade bread and made a really delicious meatloaf grilled cheese.  Best use I have found yet for leftover meatloaf.

We love meat loaf around here.  I think the bad rep also comes from to many people making dry meat loaf covered in thick brown gravy. When I was a kid my mom made a great meatloaf.  I had friends who wouldn't eat it at home but would at my house. My wife learned from my mother how to make it so it's become a staple here.