How often do you do it...

For those that have more than 1 kamado, how often do you actually fire up more than 1 for a single cook. I find that I rarely, if ever do. I know lots of us say that having the ability to have more than 1 temp at the same time is a big deal....just wondering how often you REALLY find yourself running 2 temps. I actually find it easier to cook the protein 1st and then let it rest while I whip up a side of veggies (or whatever).

Not always, but more often than not.

I would say 40-50 % of the time. (2 or 3 times a week for duel cooking) Doesn't take any longer to heat up two compared to one.

Note I'm a stickler for having everything done at the same time.

Also having 2 different sizes I alternate between the two when doing single kamado cooks. Just depends on what I'm cooking. I almost always use the smaller one if it'll fit and work right on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not very often. The JR has become the workhorse for nightly cooks. The BJ is there for company.

I am still very happy I have two.

I've been saying it for a long time now - Bigger is not always better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The BigJoe was awesome when I was working and only had time to cook on weekends. I would cook food for dinner, and leftovers for the week. Now life is different, I am cooking more frequently and lower quantities. I made the right decisions with each of those purchases.

During the spring, summer and fall I routinely fire up several Kamados for cooks. I had 4 running today, along with my Cajun Grill and a Turkey Fryer. A few friends came by on their ATV's for lunch. I ended up cooking for about 20. I did everything from appiteazers, sides and desserts along with the entrees on the Kamados and Cajun.  During the Winter Months I don't use multiple Kamados as often.

post-3565-0-04378600-1471994119_thumb.jp

During the spring, summer and fall I routinely fire up several Kamados for cooks. I had 4 running today, along with my Cajun Grill and a Turkey Fryer. A few friends came by on their ATV's for lunch. I ended up cooking for about 20. I did everything from appiteazers, sides and desserts along with the entrees on the Kamados and Cajun. During the Winter Months I don't use multiple Kamados as often.

IMG_7130a.jpg

I would hate to see your monthly grocery bill.

I use only one most of the time.That said I'm very happy having not only having the ability to do 2 diffrent temps but also for the extra room. I sometimes cook for a week or two. Just recently I smoked two pork butts over the weekend and used the other one for grilling lunch and dinner at much higher temps.  Several times over the summer we have a large group of friends and family over so it's really nice to have the extra room.