Sous Vide Pork Loin

Smokehowze

Sous Vide Pork Loin

The new Anova was going to get its chance at a meat meal.    In rummaging in the freezer I found a 2.75 lb boneless pork loin which was then conventionally thawed. 

Lucky for me the vacuum seal package I did for the pork when it went in the freezer was too long.  Which was nice as all I did was trim off the seal to season the pork and then vacuum/reseal the same bag. 

Time for a simple low maintenance cook while we were busy around the house.

1-Sous%20Vide%20Pork%20Loin.jpg

2-Sous%20Vide%20Pork%20Loin%20135%20Degr

The loin was rubbed with butter, spritzed with Lea & Perrins and liberally dusted with Montreal Chicken seasoning.  Marinated in the fridge for a couple of hours after vacuuming and sealing.

Processed at 140 degrees cold from the fridge for 3 hours.  This gave a “medium” cook result.   2.5 hours got the meat to 135 degrees so it got 30 more minutes to get closer to 140.  One can definitely see that food items that are thick take extra time.  The loin was 3 inches thick, 4 inches wide, and 7+ inches long.

The loin was dried off after removal and browned in a hot pan on the stove.   It was so juicy, tender, and flavorful through-out that we did not bother with a pan sauce from the liquid in the pouch – but the juice was delicious and was saved as a basis for a sauce for the leftovers.

It is a different look and feel to the meat with a very uniformly cooked cross section.   Kinda looked like ham when cooked to medium temperature, which on the first bite or two tends to fool the eye/taste relationship and expectations.   

No, it's not a canned ham.  LoL

1A-Looks%20LIke%20Ham.jpg

It did make for a good and tasty “hands-off” meal.  Searing on the Kamado with a hand full of wood pellets tossed on the fire for a burst of smoke would have made it even better.  

• 2 weeks later...