Here is my home made recipe that I made up after years of trying others:

3 lbs Lean ground beef

3 large Yellow onions

2 Green peppers

2 Adobo seasoning packets

3 tablespoons Dried parsely flakes

2 x 28oz cans Crushed tomatoes

1 x 14oz can Tomato sauce

3 x 14oz cans Beans (Pinto/Black/Kidney)

2 tablespoons Paprika

2 tablespoons Cumin

1 tablespoon Salt

1 teaspoon Pepper

2 cups Beef stock

¼ cup Chili powder

1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon Chili flakes

2 tablespoons Worecestershire Sauce

4 cups Decaf coffee

Cook onions over medium high heat in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add peppers until they are cooked as well. Brown beef in separate pan and drain off fat. Add all together and simmer low and slow for 3-5 hours.

Here's my favorite one.... The effort is well worth it. Copying from my cook database so formatting may be off...

Notes 

(This is a great tasting chili recipe! Family tends to be uneasy when making it as they see all the chilies going into it. It is a deep dark rich flavor. Very hearty much like a beef stew. I've always chosen to use chuck roasts as they tend to be cheaper per pound. I did once double this recipe and while it worked out just fine, it was a lot to manage. For instance, I have a small food processor and it was difficult process all the onions, chilies, and seasonings in one batch. The other issue was searing all the meat. I had a med size skillet and it took several batches to complete. Lastly, my Dutch overn was filled to the brim with everything and I had to be extra careful not to spill while stirring and had concerns it would boil over while in oven.) 

**This takes a bit of time to prepare and does seem to dirty every dish in the house. It's well worth it but make time for it. 

**Market Basket was the only local store that carried the dried chilies 

A 4-pound chuck-eye roast, well trimmed of fat, can be substituted for the steak. Because much of the chili flavor is held in the fat of this dish, refrain from skimming fat from the surface. Wear gloves when working with both dried and fresh chiles. Dried New Mexican or guajillo chiles make a good substitute for the anchos; each dried árbol may be substituted with 1/8 teaspoon cayenne. If you prefer not to work with any whole dried chiles, the anchos and árbols can be replaced with 1/2 cup commercial chili powder and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, though the texture of the chili will be slightly compromised. Good choices for condiments include diced avocado, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro leaves, lime wedges, sour cream, and shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese. The chili can be made up to 3 days in advance. 

INGREDIENTS 

Table salt 

1/2 pound dried pinto beans (about 1 cup), rinsed and picked over 

6 dried ancho chiles (about 1 3/4 ounces), stems and seeds removed, and flesh torn into 1-inch pieces (see note) 

2-4 dried árbol chiles, stems removed, pods split, and seeds removed (see note) 

3 tablespoons cornmeal 

2 teaspoons dried oregano 

2 teaspoons ground cumin 

2 teaspoons cocoa powder 

2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth 

2 medium onions, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 2 cups) 

3 small jalapeño chiles, stems and seeds removed and discarded, and flesh cut into 1/2-inch pieces 

3 tablespoons vegetable oil 

4 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 4 teaspoons) 

1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes 

2 teaspoons light molasses 

3 1/2 pounds blade steak, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of gristle and fat and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (see note) 

1 (12-ounce) bottle mild-flavored lager, such as Budweiser 

INSTRUCTIONS 

1. Combine 3 tablespoons salt, 4 quarts water, and beans in large Dutch oven and bring to boil over high heat. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse well. 

2. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. Place ancho chiles in 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat; toast, stirring frequently, until flesh is fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes, reducing heat if chiles begin to smoke. Transfer to bowl of food processor and cool. Do not wash out skillet. 

3. Add árbol chiles, cornmeal, oregano, cumin, cocoa, and ½ teaspoon salt to food processor with toasted ancho chiles; process until finely ground, about 2 minutes. With processor running, very slowly add ½ cup broth until smooth paste forms, about 45 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Transfer paste to small bowl. Place onions in now-empty processor bowl and pulse until roughly chopped, about four 1-second pulses. Add jalapeños and pulse until consistency of chunky salsa, about four 1-second pulses, scraping down bowl as necessary. 

4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until moisture has evaporated and vegetables are softened, 7 to 9 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chili paste, tomatoes, and molasses; stir until chili paste is thoroughly combined. Add remaining 2 cups broth and drained beans; bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. 

5. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Pat beef dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Add half of beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to Dutch oven. Add ½ bottle lager to skillet, scraping bottom of pan to loosen any browned bits, and bring to simmer. Transfer lager to Dutch oven. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil, steak, and lager. Once last addition of lager has been added to Dutch oven, stir to combine and return mixture to simmer. 

6. Cover pot and transfer to oven. Cook until meat and beans are fully tender, 1½ to 2 hours. Let chili stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir well and season to taste with salt before serving.

Here's my favorite one.... The effort is well worth it. Copying from my cook database so formatting may be off...

Notes

(This is a great tasting chili recipe! Family tends to be uneasy when making it as they see all the chilies going into it. It is a deep dark rich flavor. Very hearty much like a beef stew. I've always chosen to use chuck roasts as they tend to be cheaper per pound. I did once double this recipe and while it worked out just fine, it was a lot to manage. For instance, I have a small food processor and it was difficult process all the onions, chilies, and seasonings in one batch. The other issue was searing all the meat. I had a med size skillet and it took several batches to complete. Lastly, my Dutch overn was filled to the brim with everything and I had to be extra careful not to spill while stirring and had concerns it would boil over while in oven.)

**This takes a bit of time to prepare and does seem to dirty every dish in the house. It's well worth it but make time for it.

**Market Basket was the only local store that carried the dried chilies

A 4-pound chuck-eye roast, well trimmed of fat, can be substituted for the steak. Because much of the chili flavor is held in the fat of this dish, refrain from skimming fat from the surface. Wear gloves when working with both dried and fresh chiles. Dried New Mexican or guajillo chiles make a good substitute for the anchos; each dried árbol may be substituted with 1/8 teaspoon cayenne. If you prefer not to work with any whole dried chiles, the anchos and árbols can be replaced with 1/2 cup commercial chili powder and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, though the texture of the chili will be slightly compromised. Good choices for condiments include diced avocado, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro leaves, lime wedges, sour cream, and shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese. The chili can be made up to 3 days in advance.

INGREDIENTS

Table salt

1/2 pound dried pinto beans (about 1 cup), rinsed and picked over

6 dried ancho chiles (about 1 3/4 ounces), stems and seeds removed, and flesh torn into 1-inch pieces (see note)

2-4 dried árbol chiles, stems removed, pods split, and seeds removed (see note)

3 tablespoons cornmeal

2 teaspoons dried oregano

2 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons cocoa powder

2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth

2 medium onions, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 2 cups)

3 small jalapeño chiles, stems and seeds removed and discarded, and flesh cut into 1/2-inch pieces

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

4 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 4 teaspoons)

1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes

2 teaspoons light molasses

3 1/2 pounds blade steak, 3/4 inch thick, trimmed of gristle and fat and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (see note)

1 (12-ounce) bottle mild-flavored lager, such as Budweiser

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Combine 3 tablespoons salt, 4 quarts water, and beans in large Dutch oven and bring to boil over high heat. Remove pot from heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse well.

2. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 300 degrees. Place ancho chiles in 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat; toast, stirring frequently, until flesh is fragrant, 4 to 6 minutes, reducing heat if chiles begin to smoke. Transfer to bowl of food processor and cool. Do not wash out skillet.

3. Add árbol chiles, cornmeal, oregano, cumin, cocoa, and ½ teaspoon salt to food processor with toasted ancho chiles; process until finely ground, about 2 minutes. With processor running, very slowly add ½ cup broth until smooth paste forms, about 45 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Transfer paste to small bowl. Place onions in now-empty processor bowl and pulse until roughly chopped, about four 1-second pulses. Add jalapeños and pulse until consistency of chunky salsa, about four 1-second pulses, scraping down bowl as necessary.

4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until moisture has evaporated and vegetables are softened, 7 to 9 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chili paste, tomatoes, and molasses; stir until chili paste is thoroughly combined. Add remaining 2 cups broth and drained beans; bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.

5. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Pat beef dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Add half of beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to Dutch oven. Add ½ bottle lager to skillet, scraping bottom of pan to loosen any browned bits, and bring to simmer. Transfer lager to Dutch oven. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil, steak, and lager. Once last addition of lager has been added to Dutch oven, stir to combine and return mixture to simmer.

6. Cover pot and transfer to oven. Cook until meat and beans are fully tender, 1½ to 2 hours. Let chili stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir well and season to taste with salt before serving.

This is very similar to mine. Cocoa, beer but I add coffee in my recipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This recipe is also in our very own recipe section.  

The secret Wolf Brand Chili recipe

ingredients

How to make it

• Heat 1 teaspoon shortening in cooking pot. Add chili meat and sear until it turns gray and starts to make its own juice. Remove any gristle or other unwanted parts of meat.
  • Add the beef broth, tomato sauce, powdered onion (2 teaspoons), powdered garlic, beef granules and water. Cook covered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
  • Add ground cumin (2 teaspoons), white pepper, ground red pepper (½ teaspoon), salt (½ teaspoon), season all, powdered onion (½ teaspoon), Mexican hot chili powder, and Texas-style chili powder. Bring to a rapid boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
  • Cover and cook 45 minutes. Keep liquid level 1 inch above meat by adding water as needed.
  • Add ground red pepper (¼ teaspoon), salt (¼ teaspoon), ground cumin (1 teaspoon), and Gebhardt's chili powder. Add water if necessary to keep liquid level 1 inch above meat.
  • Reduce heat to a slow boil for 30 minutes before serving
  •