First brisket on Big Joe in the books!

rdstoll

What a great cooker!

15lb packer injected with Butcher BBQ brisket injection and rubbed down with Big Poppa Cash Cow beef rub.

Got pit up to 240* and put on at 10:00pm last night. Plan was to do it low n slow - at least slow enough for me to sleep! I usually cook hot n fast due to being on a stick burner.

Pit hugged 240* the entire night even as we had a storm blow through. Very impressive! Woke up at 5:30 and IT was 165* so put in foil pan and covered. Off pit at 8:00am and in for an extended rest before lunch!

Drip pans held up off the deflector plate by copper t's worked fantastic. Thanks for all the advice!

post-12345-0-18786700-1472426342_thumb.j

post-12345-0-87295800-1472426355_thumb.j

post-12345-0-09081000-1472426371_thumb.j

Great looking cook. I'm a little afraid to cook at 240° and wake up 7+ hours later. I'd be afraid they were done by then. That's happened to me btw.

Has happened to me as well. I did stay up until 12am just to make sure the temps were really locked in since this was my first long cook on the Big Joe. A couple of minor tweaks to the intake and vent.