Lamb riblet chops with roasted tomato and onion wild rice and greek yogurt sauce

Keeper my friend you have found a way to out do yourself. No easy feat given your posts over the years. When I saw the topic for this challenge I knew it was an opportunity for you to shine. Your dish is amazing as is your presentation of the cook. Reading your post is like reading a book where you can't wait to turn the next page and find out how the story ends. Your money shot is the picture I have in my head when I think Mediterranean cuisine. I am a huge fan of Lamb dishes and I would order yours in a restaurant 11 out of 10 times. Great entry

Keeper my friend you have found a way to out do yourself. No easy feat given your posts over the years. When I saw the topic for this challenge I knew it was an opportunity for you to shine. Your dish is amazing as is your presentation of the cook. Reading your post is like reading a book where you can't wait to turn the next page and find out how the story ends. Your money shot is the picture I have in my head when I think Mediterranean cuisine. I am a huge fan of Lamb dishes and I would order yours in a restaurant 11 out of 10 times. Great entry

Thank you my friend coming form one who cooks like you do, your kind words have weight. This was really a fun cook. I enjoyed cooking it  every bit as much as eating it. I wasn't too sure about the yogurt sauce but it came out great, not sweet but very flavorful and fresh with a mice little acid bite from the lemon juice. All the best to you and yours. 

Thank you my friend coming form one who cooks like you do, your kind words have weight. This was really a fun cook. I enjoyed cooking it  every bit as much as eating it. I wasn't too sure about the yogurt sauce but it came out great, not sweet but very flavorful and fresh with a mice little acid bite from the lemon juice. All the best to you and yours.

That is very gracious my friend but as my wife will tell you my weight is not from my words but from my tummy

What's the cook time and temp for the lamb

I am getting closer and closer 

The USDA lists lamb at 140 deg, for a whole  leg but I think that is over done. If I am doing a leg I pull it at 123 to 125 and let it push. If I am doing a whole rack i do the same. For these little Riblet chops i don't even mess with the temp. They go on a moderate heat over direct fire fire and I wait until the fat starts to crisp up and bubble. Always come out great. Lamb shanks are a totally different cook as they are more like a brisket all hard working muscle. I braise them for about 3 hours. heres some pisc of what I consider perfect lamb showing different cuts. 

Braised Shanks

post-3401-0-46917900-1472513042_thumb.jp  

Whole rack of lamb ribs

post-3401-0-26957700-1472513074_thumb.jp

about 123 degs. 

post-3401-0-08287800-1472513106_thumb.jp