New Vision Pro S HYBRID from Home Depot

Will Christopher

I am new to the Kamado cooking club. Just purchased a new Hybrid Professional S from Home Depot.  This is currently not sold in stores so I had to order on-line. This item included the new Gas insert, cover, Lava stone, two side shelves, and quick connect hoses for the gas for $ 899 which is a good price since the gas insert itself sells for $ 250 and the stone is around $ 50.

Assembly was not difficult but took some time to get it all together. The kit included pretty good instructions as well as all tools needed for the installation, one open end wrench and another cap nut wrench, both 10 mm. It also included several extra nuts of each type in case I might lose one in the process, a very nice touch. The only difficulty I had was in the weight of the main cooker which weighed well over 100 pounds and had to be lifted out of the box and placed onto the dolly unit. Since I am not a spring chicken any more, had to get some help in lifting this big round bowl onto the dolly. We had to be very careful in this because the bowl is round and does not have anything to hold onto during the lifting process. I would up rigging some lifting handles by placing a strap around the lower bowl and attaching two 2x2's to the strap, one on each side. This allowed two people to easily lift this egg up and onto the dolly.

The only problem I had was in attaching the shelves to the main unit which required the attachment of 4 shelf brackets onto the egg using pre-installed bolts projecting off the sides of the egg. The brackets installed OK but once installed the shelf would not line up with both brackets on the left side. I tried bending them but the construction is so solid, I could not bend them enough for a proper alignment. I called the support line and they had replacement parts in the mail right away. These brackets were correct and the shelf fit as it should.

Now that everything is working, my first cook will be a simple Pizza using the gas insert. I will post the results at a later date.

I do understand the idea behind this as convenience , but here is what I noticed ,cooking hamburgers on the gas grill ,wow they taste so good . Next day take one of the left overs to work and heat up , what happened there awful but still can eat it. Now do the same on the kettle grill results are much better ,now same thing on the kamado with charcoal ,I think sometimes its even better and it might just be because I am at work . We will have to see what your results are .   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      This weekend I tested making Butter chicken recipe from Milk Street Book, ‘Fast and Slow’ by Christopher Kimball.  Only change I made was use roasted garlic.   I made the Naan Dough with Poolish method.    I used a portion of Naan dough to make a Butter Chicken pizza.   Here are the pictures of the final result,   Both where very delicious.   

• By RegWorks
      Hello! I'm new to the group and grilling with the gas insert, I've only used it twice. Once with the deflector and the other without, how do you grill with the gas insert.
    • By VeLoRoK
      Did this on the dojoe, between 550°-600°. I used the Forkish Saturday recipe, but popped it in the fridge for 26 hours after the 2 hour bulk ferment, before dividing and shaping. Fantastic crispy outside, chewy yet pillowy inside. Buffalo Mozz and salami. So good.

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Pizza tasted very good.   I used my Joe Jr. to Roast the Chicken Reshmi Kebabs and used my vision Classic B to bake the individual pizza.   For the cheese I used paneer cheese, extra old cheddar and pizza mozzarella.  The sauce for pizza was the serving sauce for Chicken Reshmi Kebabs.   This pizza will now be part of my pizza repertoire.   

• By Nnank76
      hey guys,

Ive had a few pizza sessions on my kj classic 2. Although the last time i warped the steel firebox ring so not sure that should count as successful! I thought it aould be good to ask a kj specific question.  

My set up is deflectors on the grill in top position. Spacers on top of that with pizza stone then on top.

So my question/s is when doing high heat cooks:
      1. How long do u let the kj heat sink for? I have just opened the vents and let it ride. When up to 650/700 put pizzas on.
      2. Where do people set their vents? How open is the bottom and top? As above i nlrmally just open them up and stick the pizza on at above the 650/700 mark.
      3. How long should this sort of temp last or is safe for the kj? If i had a pizza party how long could this keep up for eg.

Any advice or thoughts is welcome?

Cheers
      Nathan