10. Jesse

Jesse

11. KismetKamado

KismetKamado

12. dsarcher

dsarcher

• Similar Content

• By Shortyque
      First, a brief confession.  I have had a joetisserie for about a year, and only used it maybe 3 times.  Did a chicken, a turkey, for some reason just a little underwhelmed with the whole process, and then all the extra cleaning up.  Until today...
          Had a small pork loin in the freezer from my BIL's pig.  Watching John Setzlers video on spinning a pork loin, plus a recent post on the Facebook group made me decide to dig the Joetisserie out again.  Injected it with applesauce/apple juice mixture, slathered in mustard and coated with my wife's cajun spice rub.  After about an hour and 15 minutes of spinning at 325 degrees, we pulled it off and left rest for 10 minutes.  My wife thought I was going to break into tears with my first bite.  Words fail me to describe it.  The subtle flame kissed outside, the juicy inside, so soft you could cut it with a fork!  You can't buy food this good at a restaurant (at least not a restaurant I can afford).  Thanks again John for your excellent video.

• By St1brew
      Butt on for about 15.5 hours overnight smoked over pecan. Put loin on this morning for 3.5 hours. Had to put more charcoal on about 12 hours. Loin was a bit dry, butt was awesome and moist with an awesome crust. Overall, pretty happy with the first smoke on the vision. Also learned a lot about "marathon" smoking and fine tuning temp adjustments. Temp got to 300 once or twice, takes a while to get back to 250....

• By SmokinSteveBBQ
      You never know what Ole SmokinSteve is going to come up with next so be sure to Subscribe and leave comments. Thanks for watching...... Smoke On .... it’s all Good!
    • By Tarheel
      I've been wanting to do a pork loin for a while, and after seeing this recipe on Steven Raichlen's "Project Smoke" show I knew exactly how I wanted to cook it.
      I butterflied the loin, and per the recipe coated the inside with rub, bourbon, dijon mustard, brown sugar, and more bourbon:

Next I tied it up, placing 4 strips of bacon along the outside, and put it on the grill at 300 degrees. I used 4 chunks of cherry, and had good smoke throughout the cook.

Next, I mixed up the glaze (equal parts butter, bourbon, brown sugar, & dijon), and basted the loin when it hit ~ 130.

I then cooked it direct ~ 2 minutes per side to help help carmelize the loin and crisp the bacon:

I pulled it @ an IT of 153:

Slice the loin:

And plated, adding glaze to the sliced loin:

All in all this was really good, and garnered compliments from my wife (always a good thing!).
      A couple of observations: The smoke profile wasn't as pronounced as I would like, I think this may be because I used cherry chunks while the recipe calls for hickory. I will use hickory next time. Also, the bacon is really a key ingredient, it really soaks up the taste of the smoke and the glaze. A bite of the loin accompanied by a small slice of the bacon was much tastier than the loin by itself.
      I'll do this cook again.
    • By Smokehowze
      Sous Vide Pork Loin

The new Anova was going to get its chance at a meat meal.    In rummaging in the freezer I found a 2.75 lb boneless pork loin which was then conventionally thawed. 

Lucky for me the vacuum seal package I did for the pork when it went in the freezer was too long.  Which was nice as all I did was trim off the seal to season the pork and then vacuum/reseal the same bag. 

Time for a simple low maintenance cook while we were busy around the house.

The loin was rubbed with butter, spritzed with Lea & Perrins and liberally dusted with Montreal Chicken seasoning.  Marinated in the fridge for a couple of hours after vacuuming and sealing.

Processed at 140 degrees cold from the fridge for 3 hours.  This gave a “medium” cook result.   2.5 hours got the meat to 135 degrees so it got 30 more minutes to get closer to 140.  One can definitely see that food items that are thick take extra time.  The loin was 3 inches thick, 4 inches wide, and 7+ inches long.
      The loin was dried off after removal and browned in a hot pan on the stove.   It was so juicy, tender, and flavorful through-out that we did not bother with a pan sauce from the liquid in the pouch – but the juice was delicious and was saved as a basis for a sauce for the leftovers.

It is a different look and feel to the meat with a very uniformly cooked cross section.   Kinda looked like ham when cooked to medium temperature, which on the first bite or two tends to fool the eye/taste relationship and expectations.   

No, it's not a canned ham.  LoL

It did make for a good and tasty “hands-off” meal.  Searing on the Kamado with a hand full of wood pellets tossed on the fire for a burst of smoke would have made it even better.