Vision Kamado Satisfaction Survey

Vision Kamado Satisfaction Survey  

486 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you are the owner of a Vision Kamado, please take a moment to complete this satisfaction survey for the benefit of other users of this site. Please selection one option in each of the four areas of the survey. If you have additional comments about your satisfaction with this product, please post them as a response to this survey!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought our Vision Classic B from Costco April 6th 2012 so almost exactly 3 years ago, paid $536 total.   I have two minor complaints that if fixed would make this Grill at least in my case perfect

Well, in defense of Vision, I've had my Vision Classic B for over 2 years now, and it has been used for hundreds of amazing cooks. It has changed my way of cooking, has become a rewarding hobby, and

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but since prospective buyers may look at this thread I feel compelled to weigh in with a view that is largely contrary to some recent posts.   I am conflicted

The grill has some minor quality issues (lopsided firebox, crack at bolt hinge location). Customer service on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired. Have a claim open and Laurie Copeland (customer services manager) has contacted me. First asked me why I waited so long to contact them (1 month), and that looks like I used the grill a lot. Still battling, will post outcome.

• 1 month later...

The only item worth noting that I have seen is a design issue with the upper grate - specifically where it hooks onto the lower grate. The tabs are a bit longer than they have to be and makes adding or removing the grate while hot a bit more of a chore. It's a minor item and an easy fix. I love my Vision Kamado.

The only item worth noting that I have seen is a design issue with the upper grate - specifically where it hooks onto the lower grate. The tabs are a bit longer than they have to be and makes adding or removing the grate while hot a bit more of a chore. It's a minor item and an easy fix. I love my Vision Kamado.

nothing a dremel with a cutting wheel can't fix. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm from the NE of the UK and must congratulate Vision Grills on their excellent customer service as I lost my shelf brackets and fixing kit in a move and contacted Vision Grills on a price+postage to provide replacements to the UK and also requested details as how to repair a few chips in the ceramic. They replied to my email very quickly and stated that if I covered the postage costs to the UK the brackets, fixing kit and a repair kit for the exterior coating would be provided free of charge :D The young lady I communicated with (Alyssa) was very polite and competent and is a credit to the firm she works for, service like this is unusual in this day and age. I'm new on this site but once I suss how to post photos I'll put up a thread on hot smoking mackerel which are in season in the UK. This is a very good recipe judging by how quick they keep disappearing out of my fridge whenever I have my back turned :o

Ken English.

• 2 weeks later...

Very satisfied with my Vision Classic. I think it is also one of the best looking Kamados on the market. Stainless steel vents, rings, & stand, thick ceramic, nice side tables at an angle, shock absorber for the lid, and double grates. Not to mention the warranty and great customer service. Very sharp looking Kamado, it is a no brainer for me! I've been around the other name brand Kamados and I think the Vision Classic is great. I think some people think they are settling for something less because it is less expensive, I do not think so. It's a very nice ceramic cooker at an excellent price, that puts out some great tasting food!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The poll will only allow me one answer total, not one in each of the 4 sections.  Still I really only need one. Excellent/Well Above Average.

Cust service is outstanding. I didn't call to gripe, I just mentioned that there were some chips when I registered it online. I got an email stating paint is on the way!

So far the only problem with it is operator error. :)

That will just take practice....and a better thermometer.

• 1 month later...

Yes the survey is not functional. The grill is very good. 

I'm rating 4 out of 5 stars for overall, but 5 stars for value, 5+ for features.

The cover and stand are great. 

my minor issues are the thermometer clouding up, the shock adsorber keeping the lid from tightly closing and it was keeping coals burning when it shouldn't have. I just removed the top part of that thing as other Kamado's don't bother with it. I may trim it with a dremel sort of tool later.

I didn't think I would use the dual level grate very much, but I just did so tonight and it works well. 

My grate as shipped was a bit warped, I'm trying to straighten it. Vision has been good about things so far just contacted them today. I have only had my grill a month.

I did add indirect setup using a spider and cast iron pan.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not a fan of dual grates and so will remove the upper one and store  it. I mean, what do you do if both grates are loaded with food and you need to turn or flip something on the lower level? I guess depending on what you do or cook, it may work for you. I've been grilling for years and have become accustomed to cooking on a single level grate, but that's just me.

I use my dual grate quite often when I cook chicken. I really like the taste of chicken pieces, or spatchcock chicken over direct heat, rather than indirect. However, I notice when I try to cook chicken direct on the main grate, it has some hot spots and just cooks a little too hot to control well. so I cook them on the extended grate and I seem to have better luck. Do you have some kind if heat diffuser  for indirect cooking?