bigcaddy

Best Model Choice for a Primo?

On 16/10/2016 at 5:55 PM, Doug M said:

I bought my Large Primo about 6 months ago.  Love it,  but after using it a lot, wish I had purchased the XL primo.

Hi. 

I'm trying to decide between large and xlarge, and will be cooking for 2 most of the time.

Please share your thoughts on why you would rather have the xlarge.

Regards

Kim

Hi. 
I'm trying to decide between large and xlarge, and will be cooking for 2 most of the time.
Please share your thoughts on why you would rather have the xlarge.

Regards
Kim

Because. LOL. Seriously it just two of us, but I always over cook for leftovers. Also, for long low n slow cooks we do lots of extra and then vacuum seal and freeze for easy access later.

1 hour ago, rogerfromco said:

Because. LOL. Seriously it just two of us, but I always over cook for leftovers. Also, for long low n slow cooks we do lots of extra and then vacuum seal and freeze for easy access later.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I always cook for a couple of days too.

I will be checking out the XL this weekend, and I have a feeling that's what I want.

A large will work well for 2 people.   But if you want to cook for larger groups, which you will at times.   The extra cooking space will be well appreciated.  Like I said in a earlier post if I could have a do over I would get the XL Primo after using my Large Primo.  Either way you decide your going to love Primo and Kamado style of cooking.

I haven't visited this particular thread for some time now but thanks to everybody who gave their input.  I ended up buying a Primo XL and couldn't be happier.  I'm looking forward to many more evenings presiding over the flame and experimenting with my grill