New to kamado grilling

canadiangriller

Hello I am new to kamado grilling I purchased a chargriller akorn to see weather I would like the style of cooking this spring and I have been hooked ever since. 

Before getting into law enforcement I was a Professional Chef at a high end steakhouse in Winnipeg.  Now I simply  cook for fun and entertainment I truly love to cook and I am always trying new and exciting methods of cooking.  I have always been a perfectionist when it comes to food.  I am a big fan of the kamado and will be purchasing a big joe or a Primo xl in the near future. I also love to use the sousvide machine in combination with the kamado  to create amazing quality food. 

I am looking to start ageing my own beef in the next few months I am looking at purchasing a steak ager. 

IMG_20160927_184809.jpg

Welcome... I'm about 150 miles South of Winnipeg in MN so i should occasionally get a whiff of your cooks when the wind is right and will try to send some smoke your way as well LOL... Curious tho as to why you would want to upgrade so soon. If/when my akorn wears out, it's going to be hard trying to figure out what to buy. Hopefully when that time comes, the akorn will have a rotisserie feature, cuz so far, other than that, I think I can do just about anything any other kamado can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...