New guy from Tennessee

Diezl

Hey folks.  New guy from Tennessee signing in.  For the past 20 years I've always used a gas grill of one type or another, but late last year found myself getting the itch to buy something to start doing my own low n' slow meat smoking.

Fast forward almost a full year and I finally bought a Kamado Joe "Big Joe" this past weekend and am awaiting delivery of it.  I missed our local Costco Roadshow by a day, of course. :)

Anyway, hoping to learn a lot from you all and maybe add some value here and there myself.

You must be from the Memphis area, I haven't been able to attend a roadshow in Knoxville, Chattanooga, or Nahsville simply because they don't have them; Memphis is all I've seen and that was too far to drive for me. 

Welcome aboard. 

On 10/11/2016 at 1:35 PM, Mr Cue said:

You must be from the Memphis area, I haven't been able to attend a roadshow in Knoxville, Chattanooga, or Nahsville simply because they don't have them; Memphis is all I've seen and that was too far to drive for me. 

Welcome aboard. 

Nashville area, actually.  Charlotte Pike Costco had a roadshow last weekend. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

On October 11, 2016 at 0:38 PM, Diezl said:

... ... late last year found myself getting the itch to buy something to start doing my own low n' slow meat smoking.

Fast forward almost a full year and I finally bought a Kamado Joe "Big Joe" ... ...

Sounds like me. I was looking into a reverse flow sitck burner. Then when I Eggfest came to Cincinnati, I started looking at Kamado's. Was really interested in the XL Primo until i came across the Big Joe. It's quality personified- (not that the Primo isn't), you'll enjoy it. Anyway, welcome to the Forum. 

Welcome to the guru forum and all the fun things ahead of you cooking with a kamado.  Yes, lots of information and inspiration here.  My son manages the Tin Cup Coffee shop in Nashville, so stop in if you're around that part of town.  Just started roasting their own coffee.

19 hours ago, Smoke and Awe said:

Welcome to the guru forum and all the fun things ahead of you cooking with a kamado.  Yes, lots of information and inspiration here.  My son manages the Tin Cup Coffee shop in Nashville, so stop in if you're around that part of town.  Just started roasting their own coffee.

Thanks!  I checked to see where Tin Cup is a moment ago and will keep that in mind the next time I am on that side of town.  It's not too far from my old office complex. :)