Holidays on The Kamado

Autumn is here...and some big holidays are ahead of us.  Holidays that often involve lots of cooking and eating...This Thanksgiving and Christmas season will be my first with the Kamado Joe...and I will surely cook some traditional stuff (e.g. turkeys and roast beef) on the Big Joe for the family during those times...I'm hoping to get some input and perspective from some of the Gurus on this site for getting the most out of the Kamado during the holidays (on turkey and beef, yes...but beyond those items too)....If you're so inclined, please share your tips, techniques, unique holiday cooks, etc. related to how you've successfully employed your kamado during the holidays...

Thanks in advance for sharing.

I'm not sure if I'm not allowed to suggest prime rib since you said "beef" but I HIGHLY suggest you give it a shot. It's SO easy.

I've done it hot and fast (er) and slow and slow and every way it turns out great but my preference is to smoke at 225-250 until the interior is around 130 with a reverse sear at the end just to firm up the crust (but even that isn't necessary).

8 minutes ago, Baby Back Maniac said:

I'm not sure if I'm not allowed to suggest prime rib since you said "beef" but I HIGHLY suggest you give it a shot. It's SO easy.

I've done it hot and fast (er) and slow and slow and every way it turns out great but my preference is to smoke at 225-250 until the interior is around 130 with a reverse sear at the end just to firm up the crust (but even that isn't necessary).

Sounds like a great Christmas Roast...I like the low and slow approach...medium rare throughout...