Shrimp and Scallops

I love shrimp and scallops.  Seared scallops are, in my humble opinion, the chateaubriand of the sea.  Getting a PERFECT sear on the outside is the key to having a great scallop.  The cast iron pan or griddle is the perfect solution and getting it to the right temperature to get a sear like this without over charring the scallop takes a little practice sometimes.  

When I am cooking on an iron pan or iron griddle in the Kamado, I like to get my dome temp up to around 400-ish degrees.  I like to get it there and let it stabilize for 30-40 minutes whenever possible.  The iron griddle or pan will be in the upper grill position and it will normally be somewhere between 500-550 degrees which is perfect for searing just about anything WITHOUT OVER CHARRING!

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Those look great. What would you typically serve as sides?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would typically serve these along with a small steak or with some pasta and have some veggies to go with it... stir fried veggies or grilled asparagus... possibly rice instead of pasta... lots of options.