Hardboil our eggs in a cooker we got as a wedding gift.......in 1973, sorry can't do the math, it's late.  It's still goin strong and has been used quite heavily over the years.  They peel quite nicely after they're plunged in a cold bath.  Cant stand green egg yolks.  Cook em cool em down fast.:-D

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instant Pot to pressure cook/boil the eggs.   Into ice bath when they come out....they pretty well slide right out of the shells.

I use my home made nuclear reactor to hard boil my eggs.  It takes about .001 minutes.  Then when they are hot, I put them in liquid nitrogen.  The whole process takes about 6 seconds.  They fly out o

Instant pot here, out and in to ice bath.  They are either easy to peel or they basically fall out of the shell.  <-- weekly use but if I want the ultimate control I use the sous vide so I can get

Posted Images

Before cooking, I pierce the eggs from the blunt end so that they do not crack during cooking and avoid dents on the surface of the egg. In order for the eggs to peel well, they must cool well. Keep boiled eggs for 15 minutes in cold water, but rather leave them in the refrigerator overnight. The cleaning technique itself is quite simple: carefully crush the eggshell with your fingers, then place it in cold running water and clean it carefully.

I tried all of the methods mentioned here with varying and inconsistent results. And tons of aggravation. 

I bought an Instant Pot and have never had problems peeling boiled eggs since, hard boiled or soft boiled. It was worth the price for boiling (steaming actually) eggs even if that is all I were to use it for.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:47 AM, Rick in Ontario said:

I bought an Instant Pot and have never had problems peeling boiled eggs since, hard boiled or soft boiled. It was worth the price for boiling (steaming actually) eggs even if that is all I were to use it for.

Put me down as "me too" ref. IP.  I have been waiting till the eggs are almost cold sitting in the ice water (used to wait only 5 mins.). Saw a  guy at work who packed the eggs in the shell, and peeled just before eating with good results-asked why he does it that way, "no time to peel before I had to leave" was the answer.  

M.

• 3 months later...

Putting this out there....Have made some mistakes hard boiling eggs:

Left them in the IP (still quite warm) too long and the whites turned green. No big deal, just the sulfur in the shell discoloring them. They looked green but taste fine- [think green eggs and ham]:

Left them in cold water too long. Whites stuck to the shell on that endeavor.

I have pickled eggs in leftover pickle juice. They tasted OK. Next time I'll let them sit for a few (7) days, in the juice, in the 'fridge. My niece leans toward beet juice.

-never looked on the web for recipes. There as one guesses a plethora-just need to read thru all the fluff to get to the actual recipe.

M.

• 1 month later...