Pulled pork time...

You may have had a stressful night, but that is some FINE looking pork.  All's well that ends well!  On a side note, we have found a new favorite way to use left over pulled pork- use it in burritos instead of chicken or beef.  Very good (at least we think so)

This is something that the wife and I talked about this morning. So yes, we are going to try this on Taco Tuesday ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it ended well. 

Some random thoughts. No stacking lump. Put some md sized pieces in the bottom then just dump the rest in to fill it up. Anywhere between 250* - 300* is fine. Where it settles at go with that. If it jumps up or down by 20 or 30 degrees leave the vents alone unless it stays there for over an hour then you might consider a small vent adjustment. After a small vent adjustment it could take up to an hour before you know the outcome of that adjustment. 

Next time don't forget the beer. 

15 hours ago, rickcharles606 said:

Oh yeah, this sounds familiar. Hope it turned out as good as mine did. It was worth the hassle. I added more lump this time and stacked it differently than I normally do. I wonder if I was choking off airflow. Not sure, but I'm going to do something next weekend. Maybe a brisket :-)

Ours turned out great!

14695512_10154569095060275_7815463233494

Looks like it ended well. 
Some random thoughts. No stacking lump. Put some md sized pieces in the bottom then just dump the rest in to fill it up. Anywhere between 250* - 300* is fine. Where it settles at go with that. If it jumps up or down by 20 or 30 degrees leave the vents alone unless it stays there for over an hour then you might consider a small vent adjustment. After a small vent adjustment it could take up to an hour before you know the outcome of that adjustment. 
Next time don't forget the beer. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you....this is exactly what I needed to hear. I now know that my troubles were self inflicted, which I assumed anyway, but is always nice to confirm. I really appreciate the thoughts and advice given in this thread, by all.