Chilly night here on the Jersey coast.  Boss lady wanted some nice comfort food.  Smoked a meatloaf, she made her mashed potatoes, and we had some asparagus with a balsamic reduction.  Definitely hit the spot!   Maybe a few beers and a fire before bed.  Love this time of year!

IMG_9432.JPG

IMG_9440.JPG

IMG_9444.JPG

wow great photo.  In all of my years of cooking BBQ, I have still not done a meatloaf.  That last picture looks fantastic and has me wanting to try it

@Bosco come on get with the program, meatloaf off the Kamado is like Emeril used to say BAM! let's kick it up a notch. Then we'll give it another BAM!, yes sirree dat rite thar is what meatloaf shouda been all dem years. [emoji1] [emoji23] [emoji106]

6 hours ago, bosco said:

wow great photo.  In all of my years of cooking BBQ, I have still not done a meatloaf.  That last picture looks fantastic and has me wanting to try it

Thanks for the kind words.  Truth is, the last photo was taken so close up cause there was a forkfull missing from the bottom.  Couldn't help myself...

3 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

Great looking mestloaf, I just did one this weekend w/2lbs. of Bison and 1lb. of pork. In fact the last slice is in my lunchbag with some mayo and two pieces of toast.

That's exactly my plans for dinner tonight!  The bison sounds good.  Going to have to look into it.

Frogmats are great for meatloaf.  Easy to handle and turn as needed and all the grease drains away.  Couple this with the recipe from TexasBBQ rubs and you've got a little slice of heaven ahead.

20 hours ago, Grabber70Mach said:

@Bosco come on get with the program, meatloaf off the Kamado is like Emeril used to say BAM! let's kick it up a notch. Then we'll give it another BAM!, yes sirree dat rite thar is what meatloaf shouda been all dem years. emoji1.pngemoji23.pngemoji106.png

Totally agree with that. Once I did my first kamado meatloaf haven't done it any other way since. Kamados are a meatloaf game changer. 

I've done two or three meat loafs on the Kamado Joe now.  My wife uses a recipe from Cook's Illustrated that we really like.  This time however, we had a pound of 50/50 burger meat (50% lean ground beef and 50% ground bacon) she mixed that with another pound of ground sirloin.  Gave it a pretty good drink of cherry wood smoke.. Now I like meat loaf anyhow, but gotta tell ya, that was the best meat loaf I have every had!