All pro Kamado

lotm

I'm looking to buy my first Kamado,

i do some research on the big brand like BGE and KJ.. vision grill then i found the All Pro Kamado. It's a real good looking Kamado to my eye.. but i cannot say anything about it's quality.

Cannot find any Review on this one (exept one saying that 15 ' is too small.....). 

http://www.staples.com/All-Pro-KAMADO-19-Charcoal-Grill-with-Cart-Autumn-Red/product_WYF078277826103

Here are the main brand page :

http://www.allprogrills.com/

I contact ALL PRO for having more information.. waiting for there answer.

If you know something about this brand i will be more than happy to have the information.

I would go with either Primo, BGE or KJ. There are a lot of companies that have popped into the market the past few years. Some are OK at best, some not so much. All three of those companies will be in for the long haul and are great quality. As far a for $$$$'s, you get what you pay for. There are a lot of junk kamados out there right now. Maybe that brand is decent, but it wouldn't interest me. I want a product with a good track record.

Thank you for the advise .

Yes i understant that is a lot more safety to go with the Big name.. but if everybody think that way..only BGE will still in buisness today. KJ is a relatively new compagny(2009 i think ) in the egg market and have great succes with great packtage,innovation and good price. Maybe All-Pro is the next succes story who know.

I don't want to close my eye if a new compagny come with a quality product.. but i don't want to assume all the risk without some feedback. (At least someone who see it at the store and take the time to analyse the product quality). If i find something on ALL-PRO brand i will post it on this forum.

As you say.. there a lot of junk too....

So i will keep research informations.. because the big decision is for next spring.  

Vision Grill M is more in my budget target for now.(But KJ or other brand still in my list )      

• 3 weeks later...

Hi lotm,

Thanks for your interest in All-Pro grills. I just wanted to post on here some of our quality features we offer in comparison to our competitors.

First, All-Pro fires all of their grills’ ceramic and glaze at the same time in a kiln for 16 hours at about 2280 degrees Fahrenheit.  Most of our competitors fire the ceramic first at one temperature then apply the glaze and fire again at a lower temperature. This difference in temperature can cause glaze problems and can lead to crazing. Because our glaze and ceramic is fired together, the glaze turns out more smooth and uniform. The glaze coat also produces no noticeable crazing over time. Our grills have four different glaze color styles to choose from: Harvest Yellow, Autumn Red, Garden Green, and Midnight Black, whereas most competitors only offer one color choice with their grills.

All-pro uses only high grade 304 stainless steel for all metal parts, fasteners, and accessories except for the fire grate and charcoal separator. Our bands and hinges are also wider and thicker compared to our other competitors on the market. This provides a durable connection between the top and bottom and provides better dome alignment. The top vent cap is produced with 3mm thick steel, while most competitors are only 1mm thick. The thicker steel means our cap is more resistant to high heat warpage and maintains a better seal. This commitment to using better materials means less rust issues down the road and a better sealing of the two halves. As a side note, our hinges on the 19 and 22 inch grills are adjustable to help fix dome alignment issues that may happen over the years. Most of our competitors do not have this feature.

I hope this helps give you some insight into the All-Pro Grill brand. If you have any further questions, feel free to post again and we will try to answer them for you.

Again, thanks for your interest in our products. Check us out at allprogrills.com for much more info on grills and accessories.

1 hour ago, All-Pro said:

... This commitment to using better materials means less rust issues down the road and a better sealing of the two halves. As a side note, our hinges on the 19 and 22 inch grills are adjustable to help fix dome alignment issues that may happen over the years. Most of our competitors do not have this feature.

Hello...  I didn't see a 22" model on your website.  Is this a new size?  Do you have a link to it?

5 hours ago, All-Pro said:

Again, thanks for your interest in our products. Check us out at allprogrills.com for much more info on grills and accessories.

All-Pro, I am very confused about the "Roasting Ability" you feature on your website in the photo below.

(1) You describe using heat deflectors, yet the photo shows the use of a rotisserie rod over direct heat.

(2) The photo was not even taken on a Kamado. (EDIT: See next post below)

(3) The flames are highly photoshopped. Also, if you had flames like that flaring behind the meat on a Kamado, the gaskets would fry.

(4) your website has no mention of that spit-rod set-up being available, probably because it is not available.

Please enlighten me about these facts, inquiring minds want to know!!!

2016-11-21.png

Andy, that blog photo you show here is a highly manipulated/photoshopped image as well. It's a mish-mash of multiple images.  I'd be surprised if the blogger you mentioned actually made that photo either.  The photo of the chicken is a studio image.  I can tell by the light reflections on the meat.  It was done in a professional setup/environment.  The spit rod has also been photoshopped out of the back side of the chicken.  The fire in the background comes from an entirely separate image and it has been run through one of those water reflection filters that creates an appearance of the top half of the image reflecting on rippled water.  I call BS on both issues :)

I call foul on their firing description. My wife is a cermic artist. The bisque process takes leather hard green clay (or slip form if appicable) and fires to a  low cone heat level (06-07). This prepares the clay body for the glaze firing (moisture out,etc). If you fired  right to high fire the chance is very high that the clay body would explode and you would definately have glaze crazing from the moisture escaping. 

53 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

Andy, that blog photo you show here is a highly manipulated/photoshopped image as well. It's a mish-mash of multiple images.  I'd be surprised if the blogger you mentioned actually made that photo either.  The photo of the chicken is a studio image.  I can tell by the light reflections on the meat.  It was done in a professional setup/environment.  The spit rod has also been photoshopped out of the back side of the chicken.  The fire in the background comes from an entirely separate image and it has been run through one of those water reflection filters that creates an appearance of the top half of the image reflecting on rippled water.  I call BS on both issues :)

I agree John, but you do have to admit that bird is one fine look'en chix! :rofl: