canadiangriller

Here goes nothing just finished the steak fridge

Looks good. I've had a lot of success with my dry ageing mini fridge without the freezing problems John experienced. 

The only thing I would do differently is point the fan directly on the water surface. You still get the same circulation but a little more humidity. As long as the humidity doesn't go 80% or more you're golden. 

Looks good but if that thermometer is accurate you need to go 10* lower (35*). Anything 40* or higher and bad bacteria can start to grow. 

I would suggest going to a local pet store and buy a digital remote thermometer.  (about $20).  Used in terrariums. 

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

Looks good but if that thermometer is accurate you need to go 10* lower (35*). Anything 40* or higher and bad bacteria can start to grow. 

I would suggest going to a local pet store and buy a digital remote thermometer.  (about $20).  Used in terrariums. 

Do you rotate the meat at any point in time or to you just leave it alone 

I would turn the temp down just a little. No need to rotate just leave it alone. That day or two above 40* isn't going to hurt anything but wouldn't want it to stay for an extended period above 40*.

6 hours ago, bosco said:

ckreef, will the meat cause any bacteria issues with the alcohol bottle below?  I mean, should you not have a sterile environment?  Just curious

My understanding is the bacteria can't grow in temperatures below 40*.

I don't think the bottles will cause any issues but I'm definitely not an expert on this. I do know everything you read says below 40*.

I found with the bottles I keeps a more consistent temp have turned the fridge down again so it is a little colder now 

Itried to keep everything as sterile as possible the fridge was wiped down with a water and bleach solution prior to putting the meat in I just rotated it today to ensure even air flow I use rubber gloves to minimize any bacteria 

It Appears it is holding between 32 and 38 degrees now

Thank you all for the advice 

20161110_085515.jpg

20161110_085448.jpg