John Setzler

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Here's a super easy recipe for a delicious cinnamon raisin bread that you can cook on your kamado grill!

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Ingredients for two loaves (cut in half for a single loaf / all else remains the same)

• 6g (2 tsp) active try yeast
  • 720g lukewarm water (about 3 cups)
  • 210g (about 1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour
  • 750g (about 5 cups) all purpose flour
  • 24g (about 4 tsp) sea salt
  • 4 tsp (to taste) ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup raisins (soaked in dark rum or warm water for 1 to 2 hours in advance)

Combine the yeast and the water and let the yeast dissolve for 10-15 minutes.

Drain the liquid from the raisins and combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Add the yeast/water to the dry ingredients and mix completely by hand until there are no dry lumps left in the flour.  Let rise for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.  Remove dough to floured surface, spread out, and fold over itself once in each direction.  Repeat that process 3 or 4 times and return to the mixing bowl.  Let rise for another hour or until doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a floured surface again and divide into two equal parts if making two loaves.  Shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.  Cover and let rise again until your grill or oven is ready to go (at least an another 30 minutes).

Preheat your grill or oven to 425.  Place the loaf pans in the grill or oven and loosely cover with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and cook for another 20-25 minutes until the bread is done.

Enjoy!

I'm making this recipe for the second time. The dough comes out way too wet using the weights mentioned in the video. I have more of a batter instead of a dough. The first time I thought that i might have weighed something incorrectly but it was the same this time. I probably added nearly another cup of flour before the consistency was "right".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By benadriaensen
      Hi all

After a very long time of reading reviews, comparing prices, and saving money, I've finally bought a KJ Classic (see picture).
      I am based in Switzerland, where upper grade meat cuts are very expensive, so I'd love to learn more about cooking cheaper cuts of meat. 
      Here's a random selection of thoughts I have so far:

1. Some of my favourite meals ever included hot smoked razor clams and octopus. Would anyone have an idea where I could find more info on this forum about this?
      2. I do have some very specific questions, e.g.: when cooking burgers on a cast iron griddle, does the fire provide a significant amount of taste, as compared to a stovetop? How should I go about finding more information? Is it ok to start a new threat and ask directly?

Looking forward to learning from this community

Ben

• By philpom
      "Pickled" Dill Bread

1 cup of water + 1 tbs
      1/3 cup of white vinegar
      4 cups of all purpose flour
      1/4 cup of potato flakes
      4 1/2 tbs white sugar
      2 1/2 tbs powder milk
      2 tsp kosher salt
      3 tbs butter
      4 tsp instant dry yeast
      1 heaping tbs dill seed.

Combine according to your bread machine instructions. Mine says add fluid, flour, other - being certain the yeast does not come in contact with any water.

Use the knead/dough only quick cycle. Once the cycle is completed remove the dough ball and form a "log" blob. Have a pre-warmed pizza stone ready with a heating pad underneath set to high to keep it warm. The stone should be a gentle warm and not hot. Place a large clear bowl over the dough and allow an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours to rise. I put some cornmeal on the stone to help prevent sticking.

Place in the kamado preheated to 350 degrees setup for indirect cooking and bake for about 50 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when you tap on it.

Cut and serve - be sure to try it still warm with butter!

Look at this topic for some picture of what it might look like:
      viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2819
    • By mslagle
      This is the second year we have done beef wellington for Christmas Eve dinner. Not going to lie, this dish takes a lot of prep work.

This year I decided to do everything but the puff pastry the night before. Prepped the mushroom duxelles and sauted it until completely dry. Shingled prosciutto and spread a thin layer of the mushroom duxelles over it. Quickly seared the center cut of a prime beef tenderloin and brushed it with dijon mustard. Used Oak Ridge BBQ’s Carne Crusta Steakhouse & Santa Maria rubs. Then wrapped it in the prosciutto/duxelles layer and put it in the fridge overnight. On Christmas Eve I wrapped it in a puff pastry and topped it with another layer of latticed pastry. Cooked on the Kamado Joe at +/- 400 degrees. Pulled the beef wellington when the internal temperature reached 127 degrees. Served it with salad, baked potatoes and a red wine reduction. I forgot got to get a picture while it was on the grill, and the money shot didn’t have the best lighting, but it was a perfect medium rare in the center. The wife and in-laws loved it and that’s what Christmas is all about! 

• By St1brew
      My very first attempt at bread was from a box. I did want it to be easy and quick as I felt I was dipping my toe into the baking water. So here is the box we used.

Very easy to make just add water and let it rise for 45 minutes to an hour.
      Get the grill up to 400f and on it goes for 25 to 30 minutes

Put it on a greased pizza pan on the top rack, I wish I had thrown it on a sheet of parchment. I did get some light sticking to pan when I checked it at the 20 minute mark.
      This is how it looked pulled after 30 minutes.

Second pic you can see where the sticking occurred...
      Served it up with some homemade Scottish cabbage stew that the misses made last night. If you've never had, it is wonderful and very easy to make also it comes from a local restaurant(we know a lady who used to work there). I can post the recipe if anyone is interested. It's basically cabbage, carrots hot sausage and chicken stock topped up with cheese and served with(you guessed it) a big ole hunk of bread! Here's the dinner pick.

My wife also put together a peach cobbler that she asked if it could be grilled as well, to which I replied; I'll give it a shot!
      Peaches, cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, butter, brown sugar, and rolled oats. Mix cinnamon and nutmeg with peaches until well coated. Put them into pan. Slice a stick of butter into 1'' pads and put on top of peaches. Sprinkle an even coating of brown sugar to cover all peaches, then oats on top to cover. Put into grill at 400f and take off when browned on top. Pretty sure you could use any fruit in the world and it would turn out amazing. We have also done the same recipe but added bourbon into the fruit, this is awesome as well. 

On the grill!

Finished! Awesome and easy! May try a more challenging bread recipe soon.

• By odamaK
      I am looking for and original Kamado Joe Big Joe rolling stand or cart that came with the big joe. Looking to take my stand-alone Joe and put it into a cart. I am located in Canada, in the GTA in Ontario, please contact me if you have one you are willing to part with 

Thank you