Here's a super easy recipe for a delicious cinnamon raisin bread that you can cook on your kamado grill!

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Ingredients for two loaves (cut in half for a single loaf / all else remains the same)

• 6g (2 tsp) active try yeast
  • 720g lukewarm water (about 3 cups)
  • 210g (about 1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour
  • 750g (about 5 cups) all purpose flour
  • 24g (about 4 tsp) sea salt
  • 4 tsp (to taste) ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup raisins (soaked in dark rum or warm water for 1 to 2 hours in advance)

Combine the yeast and the water and let the yeast dissolve for 10-15 minutes.

Drain the liquid from the raisins and combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Add the yeast/water to the dry ingredients and mix completely by hand until there are no dry lumps left in the flour.  Let rise for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.  Remove dough to floured surface, spread out, and fold over itself once in each direction.  Repeat that process 3 or 4 times and return to the mixing bowl.  Let rise for another hour or until doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a floured surface again and divide into two equal parts if making two loaves.  Shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.  Cover and let rise again until your grill or oven is ready to go (at least an another 30 minutes).

Preheat your grill or oven to 425.  Place the loaf pans in the grill or oven and loosely cover with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and cook for another 20-25 minutes until the bread is done.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm making this recipe for the second time. The dough comes out way too wet using the weights mentioned in the video. I have more of a batter instead of a dough. The first time I thought that i might have weighed something incorrectly but it was the same this time. I probably added nearly another cup of flour before the consistency was "right".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado Peeps,
      Been awhile since my last post.
      I got a great book on breads; I have always been keen on making my own loafs and pizza with success but never really nailed the authentic artisan type dough. So for father’s day I got a book and I have been having a go with great results. Oh, yeh there is an art to making good breads. I recommend this book for any enthusiasts. Flour Water Yeast Salt.
      All baked on my GAS webber.   As I get better I will challenge myself on the Kamado with some natural woods I can’t wait (wood fired home baked bread)  Also had to included the lemon meringue and poppy seed lemon cake baked on the webber 
      Keep smoking  
      https://www.amazon.com.au/Flour-Water-Salt-Yeast-Forkish/dp/160774273X/ref=asc_df_160774273X/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341743255194&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11731459910241742571&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071728&hvtargid=pla-404289632390&psc=1

• By cameronleespencer
      Hello There!

Texan, currently living in Seattle, finally got a backyard to do some grilling in this summer!

I'm currently grilling on a Weber performer, while I restore a Big Joe that I got off fb marketplace.  I have a thread in the DIY section with some photos if anyone is interested or has some good recommendations.  

Can't wait to get cooking on the Kamado once it is up and running.  Most looking forward to cooking some pizzas and of course brisket, being a Texan!

Thanks,
      Cameron Spencer
    • By cameronleespencer
      Hello there!  

I'm new to the world of Kamado cooking and to this forum, so I'm looking forward to some dialogue.

So I recently found a Big Joe for sale on fb marketplace for the irresistible price of $100!  The main body is in not terrible shape, but it's missing quite a few items, and will need some cleaning/repair.  I'm hoping the combined expertise hear can help me get this thing in good working order for the least amount of extra $ possible, and more importantly without damaging the integrity of the grill.

Condition Report:
      The ceramic body itself is in good shape with no major cracks or chips.  There are a few issues that need to be addressed however:
      The upper part of the interior has some green staining.  I assume this is from algae/moss since I live in the PNW.  Any tips on how to gently clean this, or should I just do a burnout when I get the rest set up?  The felt gaskets are in pretty bad shape and will need to be replaced (tips on cleaning and removing gunk would be welcome too).  The wire mesh gasket is mostly intact but has come loose.  Does anyone know of an adhesive that would be safe to use to re-attach it?   I'm not sure what to call this, but the hole that helps align the hinge on the back side of the band has been worn quite a bit.  Making the hole about 1 1/2" long and the ceramic a bit crumbly there (see pic).  Does anyone know of any substance I could safely patch this with, and how best to reattach the bands?  
      Missing parts:
      At that low of a price I wasn't too concerned about replacing a few parts, but after price checking I found I need approx $400-$450 in replacement parts.  I can get most of these from BBQ Guys, but I figured I would reach out to the community here and see if people had recommendations for third party replacements, custom ideas, or (fingers crossed) extra parts that they need to get rid of.  Here is a list of what I need:
      Firebox Deflector Grill Grates Flex cooking rack (is this necessary or is there another way to grill/smoke without it?) Replacement Gasket kit Missing the upper half of the cart, not sure if I will try and purchase that, or make a custom table I will be focusing on grilling and smoking with this grill, so I don't really need some of the specialty items.

I know this is a lot of information/questions, so don't feel like you have to address everything, but if you have some advice on any of the subjects, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and happy grilling!

• By Nnank76
      hey guys,

Ive had a few pizza sessions on my kj classic 2. Although the last time i warped the steel firebox ring so not sure that should count as successful! I thought it aould be good to ask a kj specific question.  

My set up is deflectors on the grill in top position. Spacers on top of that with pizza stone then on top.

So my question/s is when doing high heat cooks:
      1. How long do u let the kj heat sink for? I have just opened the vents and let it ride. When up to 650/700 put pizzas on.
      2. Where do people set their vents? How open is the bottom and top? As above i nlrmally just open them up and stick the pizza on at above the 650/700 mark.
      3. How long should this sort of temp last or is safe for the kj? If i had a pizza party how long could this keep up for eg.

Any advice or thoughts is welcome?

Cheers
      Nathan

• By endou_kenji
      Ingredients
      8 Cloves of Garlic 2 Cloves of Black Garlic Butter to taste Salt and pepper to taste 2 Tomatoes 4 Slices of White Bread half-lemon juice and zest 100g mayonnaise 200g grated cheese (I usually use cow mozzarella, but parmesan works wonderfully) About 3cm of leek, coarsely chopped  
      peel the white garlic and place it in a mini-tray made of foil (it just needs to be large enough to hold the garlic and not let the butter drip away place enough butter in the mini-tray to your taste, I recommend not to drench the garlic in too much butter, just put in enough for it to melt and cook the garlic Add salt and pepper to taste, I usually make it a bit salty, so that I won't need to add anymore salt afterwards Cut the tomatoes in half from top to bottom, wash and remove the seeds. Dry it as best as you can and sprinkle salt. Place it into the smoker for about an hour or so (at about 115 C is fine) Along with the garlic, I start grilling the tomatoes, cut side down (skin side up), so they start grilling on the inside. After the white garlic is done, mix the smoked garlic on a bowl, along with the black garlic, lemon juice and zest, mayonnaise and blend them with a hand blender. Add in the leek and half the cheese. Remove the tomatoes from the grill, stuff them with the garlic cream and top it with the remaining grated cheese. Spread the garlic cream on the bread slices, and top them with the grated cheese as well Put the tomatoes and the bread back on the grill and leave it to cook for about 30 to 45min at 115 C. It really will depend on your preference for the bread... if you like it crunchier, let it for longer, if you like it softer, pay close attention to it as it goes real fast... Enjoy youself a nice side dish