Cinnamon Raisin Bread

John Setzler

Here's a super easy recipe for a delicious cinnamon raisin bread that you can cook on your kamado grill!

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Ingredients for two loaves (cut in half for a single loaf / all else remains the same)

• 6g (2 tsp) active try yeast
  • 720g lukewarm water (about 3 cups)
  • 210g (about 1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour
  • 750g (about 5 cups) all purpose flour
  • 24g (about 4 tsp) sea salt
  • 4 tsp (to taste) ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup raisins (soaked in dark rum or warm water for 1 to 2 hours in advance)

Combine the yeast and the water and let the yeast dissolve for 10-15 minutes.

Drain the liquid from the raisins and combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Add the yeast/water to the dry ingredients and mix completely by hand until there are no dry lumps left in the flour.  Let rise for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.  Remove dough to floured surface, spread out, and fold over itself once in each direction.  Repeat that process 3 or 4 times and return to the mixing bowl.  Let rise for another hour or until doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a floured surface again and divide into two equal parts if making two loaves.  Shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.  Cover and let rise again until your grill or oven is ready to go (at least an another 30 minutes).

Preheat your grill or oven to 425.  Place the loaf pans in the grill or oven and loosely cover with aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes.  Remove the foil and cook for another 20-25 minutes until the bread is done.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm making this recipe for the second time. The dough comes out way too wet using the weights mentioned in the video. I have more of a batter instead of a dough. The first time I thought that i might have weighed something incorrectly but it was the same this time. I probably added nearly another cup of flour before the consistency was "right".