Is it possible to smoke them 3 hours in total? Everywhere says 3-2-1 method, I like ribs that are not fall off the bone, but have dry rub and pull off with teeth.  Can I set it to 280 for 3 hours, do you think they will be done a rack? are we saying it must be longer duration? what do you think, planning first ribs this weekend.

Put on your rub, get your grill to desired temp. I like 250°-275°. Put your ribs on the grill, check them at 3 hrs or so, depending on your cook temp. When they're done to your liking, take them off. The only time you need foil is when you put leftovers in the fridge, if you have any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thank you for your help...will have more questions down the road...love my kamado...but only done one cook so far--amazing burgers...another question...how do you do baked potatoes? smoke them with the ribs at  275 for an hour? do you prick them or leave them whole? thank you.

I like to jump start potatoes buy poking the skins with a fork and giving them 3 minutes in the microwave. Then I wrap them in foil and toss em on with whatever I am cooking for 45 minutes to an hour. Always come out completely done and flakey moist. Probably lots of other techniques out there. 

7 hours ago, keeperovdeflame said:

I like to jump start potatoes buy poking the skins with a fork and giving them 3 minutes in the microwave. Then I wrap them in foil and toss em on with whatever I am cooking for 45 minutes to an hour. Always come out completely done and flakey moist. Probably lots of other techniques out there. 

^^^ This man knows what he is doing.

There is lots of good information and many helpful people on this site. One thing i have seen suggested many times is to learn your new tool. There are several threads on the various techniques to do so. Also one of the most recommended first cooks is a pork butt as it is a very forgiving piece of meat. Now go get your cook on!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Finally did first 2 baby back.  Temp stayed at 280-300 most of the 3 hours. Just rub no sauce. Seeing it is my 3 cook. I do have air leak, but reading somewhere this may stop with more cooks? Soot gets to build up. Any ways found the ribs a little over cooked. Not dry per say..fingers where wet with juices. But more like candied meat.  Next time may put some sauce last hour every 20 mins etc.  I did find when o shut everything down and let it cook for last 30 mins at 280--tons of smoke billowed from top bazel/ vent. Even though it was completely shut and pressed down hard on body of kamado? 

If you think they're overcooked, either back off time or temp, your choice. I think you've got the idea, now it's time to play and get the exactly the way you want them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk