bosco

The 42" is in full production

On 11/12/2016 at 11:27 AM, bosco said:

I just got a facebook update showing some of the new 42" models that are in production.  I can not believe how massive they are.  I wonder if anyone here will end up with one? 

No more wondering.... Lol

dang, & i thought Ryan's 32 was massive.  i saw on facebook that the main grate is some 238#?  

is it split into 5 or 6 (or more) pieces? wondering how they've designed it so that the average man or woman can easily maneuver.

pretty looking grill for sure

10 minutes ago, Freddyj said:

dang, & i thought Ryan's 32 was massive.  i saw on facebook that the main grate is some 238#?  

is it split into 5 or 6 (or more) pieces? wondering how they've designed it so that the average man or woman can easily maneuver.

I think that's the total weight of ALL the stainless pieces. If you look at the pics in the other thread, the grates are in multiple segments. 

51 minutes ago, Freddyj said:

The other thread shows the different grate sections. Would definitely make for some interesting multi zone cooking setups. The basket splitter is also sectional so you can configure it more than one way. 

I'm good @Beermachine as cool as it would be to try it, it's just not in the cards for me.  

The last few months have been a clear it out type setting here.  I have upgraded some things and sold a bunch of other stuff I don't use.  

When i I first started going with this hobby I bought everything.  I sold off a ton of stuff and made some good cash back and cleared up some room.  

I am at at the point now where I pretty well have what I need.  

And yes, I am focusing on other areas of my cooking game.  For me my 23/32 Komodo Kamado combo is perfect.  

I still ill have my Kjs next door that I have loaned the neighbour and my buddies traeger I have been using here... not sure I'll give that back as of yet (could be a keeper)

im adopting the philosophy of les is more and quality over quantity.  I just sold my old knife collection last night to a friend to make room for the new knives I recently acquired