Joetisserie. Is it worth the money? Is the flavor noticeably different

New guy here, just found these on a Black Friday sale for $215 with free shipping.  Is there typically any better sales through the weekend or cyber Monday?  I know I read something about an Ace Hardware sale at some point.  I definitely want to pick one up before Christmas, I love seeing all these turkeys spinning.  Thanks for any help.

2 hours ago, Wolfpack02 said:

New guy here, just found these on a Black Friday sale for $215 with free shipping.  Is there typically any better sales through the weekend or cyber Monday?  I know I read something about an Ace Hardware sale at some point.  I definitely want to pick one up before Christmas, I love seeing all these turkeys spinning.  Thanks for any help.

I wouldn't pass up that deal.  Got mine for $250 with free shipping and haven't had a single regret.  Most dynamic accessory you could add to a Kamado.  A lot of other accessories can enhance and improve results on different cooks, or make things more convenient than without, etc... But the JoeTisserie is a legit "game changer".  You just can't replicate the results or technique without it.

Just spun this turkey breast today.  Injected with a mixture of Boulevard Tank-7, butter and seasoning.  Let it roll for about 2 hrs between 350-380, and it turned out fantastic.

image.jpeg

39 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

Looks great, @JayhawkPharmer!

What size breast was that? I have a 5.5 pounder to cook today. Still torn on if I should spin it or cook it on the rack like I've always done.

Just over 7lb, but that included the neck and some excess skin and other stuff I trimmed off.  I cut out the really small ends of the inside and kind-of trussed it with some butcher twine.  I'm sure my two loops of twine weren't necessary, but I think it made the wide end more uniform and cooked really evenly.

i normally brine turkeys, but had kids' friends over spending night, and didn't get around to it.  With the injection I used being half-butter, what leaked out basted the skin like a champ!  Wish I could say I planned that, but was more dumb-luck.  When you have those needle hole leaks on a roasting peice of meat, it just leaks into the pan.  But spinning the injected bird was just like a bunch of time-released basting bombs to the fourth power.  Really great results.

Next experiment... Something just like this... But with some Siracha powder and honey powder/crystals sprinkled on a few times throughout the cook.  More Siracha early, more Honey later. 

• 3 years later...