Dream Fridge

We recently had a Dickey's open up very close to the house...
I don't like the Pork it's a bit over cooked and not too flavorful.

I do like the Brisket, and the best deal for me is ..   1/4 pound of Brisket and a Roll for  $4.91

The guys there know me when I come in and I think I get a bit more than 1/4 of a pound.

I too eye the cooler with sad intent.!

18 hours ago, Chipster67 said:

So I decided to visit a local BBQ chain called Dickeys to try out the Brisket.

Most impressive part was this cooler.

M

Brisket was a little dry but flavourful. Nice Smoke Ring.. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

My dream is to have an old fashion BBQ block party and that cooler of meat would be what I need!!!

Would love to have a cooler like that, stocked like that.

Would also enjoy teaching the people at the KC location how to cook.  Have gone there twice and had it brought in to work once... Not impressed with any of the three times.  One step up from a McRib... About on par with Arby's.

35 minutes ago, Mr Cue said:

We had a Dickey's, it was ho-hum at best, apparently no one else liked it because it closed after less than a year in business. 

I tried Dickey's once....the key word being once! They have really bad BBQ and sides!

JayHawker... ( ex- Lawrenceonian here ).... so you know how good the BBQ is in the area.
In particular Oklahoma Joes... and there's a place in Spring Hill  ( K&M )... I recently ordered a case of their Sweet Heat sauce... great stuff.
Some of the best BBQ in the world out your way.

1 hour ago, shuley said:

I am also not a fan of dickeys. My sister in law had dinner there and had to text me that it wasn't good but made her want my BBQ instead... gotta love that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a prime reason why we don't eat out at BBQ joints! I've only had one BBQ place surpass my expectations and make me want to up my BBQ game, and that was Jim n Nick's Community BBQ in Nashville. 

This is a prime reason why we don't eat out at BBQ joints! I've only had one BBQ place surpass my expectations and make me want to up my BBQ game, and that was Jim n Nick's Community BBQ in Nashville. 

We had Franklin BBQ in September.... it's everything they say about its brisket. I could leave the rest of his meats though. I bet his beef ribs would also be good but we weren't there on the right day... other than that I haven't had better. When we are at home we never go out for BBQ anymore.

20 hours ago, shuley said:

We had Franklin BBQ in September.... it's everything they say about its brisket. I could leave the rest of his meats though. I bet his beef ribs would also be good but we weren't there on the right day... other than that I haven't had better. When we are at home we never go out for BBQ anymore.

Franklin's is on my bucket list of places to eat. I'd love to meet AF and see his place, he seems like a super approachable guy and someone you'd just want to hang out and talk with over a beer.