• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Kamado Joe Kamado Grill Satisfaction Survey

Kamado Joe Kamado Grill Satisfaction Survey  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Kamado Joe Kamado Grill Satisfaction Survey

• Price Satisfaction - Excellent
    • Price Satisfaction - Average
    • Price Satisfaction - Poor
    • Build Quality is Excellent
    • Build Quality is Average
    • Build Quality is Poor
    • Functionality/Usability is Excellent
    • Functionality/Usability is Average
    • Functionality/Usability is Poor
    • My Overall Satisfaction is Well Above Average
    • My Overall Satisfaction is Above Average
    • My Overall Satisfaction is Average
    • My Overall Satisfaction is Below Average
    • My Overall Satisfaction is Well Below Average

I thought there was a hard and fast rule that kamado complaints were NOT to be posted here but rather taken up with the manufacturer's Customer Service department and not resolved here.

If this were a truly neutral forum, the Administrator would never offer this type of assistance. I don't remember this type of assistance ever being offered for any customer of another manufacturer. Ther have been issues of this type posted here before for many manufacturers and yet no assistance was ever offered by the Admin.

What gives? New rules?

I lifted that rule because there are too many people who think I'm trying to shield a particular company from it. THIS is, however, the exact sort of thing I hate to see on this forum, whether it be one company or another. This member has no history here and has come here for the sole purpose (it seems) to complain about something. This forum is not a forum where manufacturers come to hunt for complaints. Those should be handled at the manufacturer site rather than here. The owner is just trying to be the squeaky wheel to get the grease.

John, I think that maybe a dedicated, i.e. Pinned Post, would go a long way to solving the problem of just what exactly the current modus operendi is. Lately rules come and go with great rapidity. I understand this is your site and you can make/rescind rules as you wish. However, it would be nice to have a reference page where all things Kamado Guru can be referenced for operational clarity.

The problem is not the owner trying to be a squeaky wheel. The problem was in how you said you would try and do something with KJ on behalf of owner. You've never done that for any other manufacturer and I find it troubling that you've crossed that line. I'm sure it was unintentional, but yet, that line was crossed. And I'm not questioning your integrity or honesty, please be absolutely certain of that.

I thought there was a hard and fast rule that kamado complaints were NOT to be posted here but rather taken up with the manufacturer's Customer Service department and not resolved here.

If this were a truly neutral forum, the Administrator would never offer this type of assistance. I don't remember this type of assistance ever being offered for any customer of another manufacturer. Ther have been issues of this type posted here before for many manufacturers and yet no assistance was ever offered by the Admin.

What gives? New rules?

Interesting two-day history here, CC ... Yesterday you checked that you liked John's post re: KJ's warranty and their eagerness to help and yet, as of 06:17 today, you're posting all pi$$y about it ... What happened?? Tough morning there in OKC ... A little hung over today ... New meds not quite tuned in just so ... Thought Melania's speech was too close to Mimi O's ???

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Great points, lol

4f9bdaa24b693dd0dc7cbf50d61b7d62.gif

Don't think there was ever a policy prohibiting one member from assisting another. That's just being a good human. I like JS assisting where he can.

What gives? New rules?

Interesting two-day history here, CC ... Yesterday you checked that you liked John's post re: KJ's warranty and their eagerness to help and yet, as of 06:17 today, you're posting all pi$$y about it ... What happened?? Tough morning there in OKC ... A little hung over today ... New meds not quite tuned in just so ... Thought Melania's speech was too close to Mimi O's ???

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Last time I checked, I don't owe you any explanation for what I do or don't do in any way shape form or fashion. If you don't like it, so what? I didn't agree with the original promulgation and I find it very interesting that KJ gets a free ride because certain folks here drink the KJ Kool Aide, you included.

When Kamado Guru is supposed to be absolutely agnostic about manufacturers and customer service issues and when certain people maintain that they are in fact agnostic and then say that they can make things happen at KJ, someone needs to throw the flag. Nobody on the management team has stood up for Primo, or Akorn, or KK. Why does the site admin stand up for KJ and run interference?

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. KJ should not get an advantage here because of any tie-ins whatsoever.

You are right.  I will run this site the way I see fit.  I am absolutely fed up with the bullcrap I take here because I am affiliated with Kamado Joe.  If YOU have a problem with that then please leave.  I will help anyone I can at any time, regardless of what grill they have.  I am NOT going to avoid trying to help a KJ owner because I have the ability to provide that help in some cases.  I do NOT have that ability with other manufacturers.