Kamado Joe Kamado Grill Satisfaction Survey

John Setzler

Kamado Joe Kamado Grill Satisfaction Survey  

585 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only section missing from this poll would be 'customer service experience'.  Most of us KJ owners may never have a problem, but lemme tell you, these guys will take care of their customers.

One minor hiccup with the accessory rack being missing from my divide & conquer system. One email to customer service, Meghan replied in four minutes. The part was sent that day. Just, WOW.

Only section missing from this poll would be 'customer service experience'.  Most of us KJ owners may never have a problem, but lemme tell you, these guys will take care of their customers.

One minor hiccup with the accessory rack being missing from my divide & conquer system. One email to customer service, Meghan replied in four minutes. The part was sent that day. Just, WOW.

That's an excellent idea.  I may create an additional poll for each system for customer service.  If I added it to the existing poll the numbers would be a little skewed.

If you are going to add a customer service selection, it needs two parts.

Customer service, replacement parts

and

Customer service, questions and queries

While they do an unimpeachable job of providing warranty replacement parts, their question and query responses have been quite weak. 

Questions which stumped them:

1. What is the inside diameter of the Joe Junior at the fire ring and felt level (they never gave an answer, my junior arrived a week later, and I measured it myself)

2. What is the part number, and where do I buy a spare diffuser for the Joe junior (resulted in a vendor name and part number which the vendor said was discontinued and unavailable, I am still working this one with the vendor)

As to question 1, why don't they have an example of each of their models available for the tech support people?, how hard would it be to measure.

As to question 2, there should always be a well defined way for the purchaser to buy replacement parts. This should include any part, even a nut and bolt.  Even my cheap weber grills came with a book, which had part numbers for every part, nut and bolt .  The webers even included contact information to place orders with the depot.  I like having two sets of diffusers, one for meat (which may get drippings on it), and one for baking (without the baked on aromatics of meat drippings).

A subset of support is documentation.  Anyone who has recently purchased a Joe will tell you the manual is out of date, and no longer exactly matches the product. How long would it take a graphic artist to update the booklets, I suspect even I could update it with a week of work or less.

As much as I like the Kamado Joe brand, they have areas where they could improve.

Anyone who has recently purchased a Joe will tell you the manual is out of date, and no longer exactly matches the product. How long would it take a graphic artist to update the booklets, I suspect even I could update it with a week of work or less.

As much as I like the Kamado Joe brand, they have areas where they could improve.

I re-wrote the owner's manual this summer.  It is currently being produced and is up to date.  When the new electronic version of it is available I'll post about it here.

Yes Rob, the Junior is quite a machine.  I just used mine as a searing station for some steaks which were cooked indirect on the Big Joe.  I have done 12+ inch pizzas on the Joe Junior as well.  It climbs up to temperature fast, and is very easy to hit a target temperature. 

Well I retract my earlier statement concerning responses to questions.  When they send you an "update" to your question, in fine print it has a "web link" for the case number.  If you click on that web link, you will likely find the response which you were waiting to arrive in your E-Mail. 

• 4 months later...

Got my Big Joe last summer and while I enjoyed my Vision classic, the Big Joe is certainly a step up in build quality and ergonomics.  The Divide & Concquer along with the Firebox Splitter truely makes the Big Joe flexible whether you're doing a small cook or stuffing with 8 shoulders.  For me, it's the easy slide out ash tray that makes my life so much more convenient.  It's one less hassle to deal with after cooks.

I've only had my BigJoe for a couple of days, do I'll reply after a bit more time. But really liking what I've seen this far.

Also, FWFW, your guy at the Costco Roadshow in Cedar Park TX was great to work with. He seemed to know his stuff, unlike some of the roadshow guys, for other brands.

Loving my BigJoe so far... 

Very satisfied Big Joe owner here.  I've had mine for almost two months and it's everything I hoped it would be.  It has completely changed my outdoor cooking game because I actually enjoy cooking on it - I had a cheap offset smoker before, which was a chore and although I loved the food that came off it, I dreaded cooking on it.  I do a lot more cooks on the KJ and have consistently much better results than ever before - everything I've cooked has been a big hit with family and friends!

• 1 month later...

My Kamado Joe Classic finally arrived last Friday, and I have only cooked on it 4 times, but I am amazed at how great everything tastes on this grill!!  I am going to smoke some pork this week, and I will post some pictures when I do.

Sa-weet! Watch out for the grill being so close to the dog house, have too much fun and you could wind up sleeping in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has recently purchased a Joe will tell you the manual is out of date, and no longer exactly matches the product. How long would it take a graphic artist to update the booklets, I suspect even I could update it with a week of work or less.

I re-wrote the owner's manual this summer.  It is currently being produced and is up to date.  When the new electronic version of it is available I'll post about it here.

I can understand having a printed manual that is not up to date, but I was surprised when I went to the KJ website and downloaded the classic manual and it was the same outdated manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Another satisfied owner. I have used my Classic extensively the past year and it has not failed to perform. Customer Service is great as well. A worthy investment in my experience.

My classic was delivered Friday 6/5/15

Have a few issues so far ,waiting for a follow up response from KJ customer service after picture request .

Missing paint in spots,chip on bottom out side ,quarter size chip inside dome ,and fire ring is out of round ,does not line up with the fire box .

post-7670-0-11798600-1433771155_thumb.jppost-7670-0-18867600-1433771177_thumb.jppost-7670-0-19799600-1433771211_thumb.jppost-7670-0-15421900-1433771239_thumb.jppost-7670-0-02054100-1433771265_thumb.jppost-7670-0-50225800-1433771294_thumb.jp