I got to see it today but just quickly.  Looked quite interesting and I like the idea of nothing to rust or crack, but I would have trouble convincing myself it's worth the money for me personally.

Dan

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:16 PM, canadiangriller said:

Does any one have any thoughts on the new blaze kamado  it seems very interesting  has been difficult to find d alot of reviews 

But it sure looks solid 

images-1.jpg

images.jpg

2016-11-26-21-13-41--227392087.jpg

2016-11-26-21-13-37--574424183.jpg

So I asked bbqguys.com for some info on this since they sell it: My question  was I have a few folks over at Kamado Guru that wonder how hot the kamado will get on the outside, and if it retains heat, why should they consider buying one over traditional kamado's can you please address that?!

Their response was the exterior will get hot to the touch, as will a ceramic Kamado, or stainless gas grill, we filled it to the middle grate with 10Lbs. of natural lump charcoal, let it burn at around 230 degrees for 27 hours without opening the lid, or refueling. After 27 hours we were left with 2 lbs. of charcoal. The average ambient temperature outside was 50 degrees, so we were very pleased with the heat retention results!

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:00 AM, ckreef said:

There are a couple of other threads that talk about the Blaze Kamado. 

I posted this on another topic but wanted to copy here as well... 

Hi everyone, 

I'm new here but wanted to chime in on this topic. I got a Blaze Kamado in mid-December and have been cooking on it for several weekends now. I chose blaze because I grew up with and learned outdoor cooking on PK grills. I wanted to get a Kamado style and the blaze being so similar to the PK made it a good fit for me. For the ones that have mentioned the faq video that bbqguys made, it is available now. I would have loved to have seen it before I bought mine lol,  would have probably helped me sweat over the decision a bit less. A link to that video is below.  I'd also love to answer any questions you may have. So far I love it but that's to be expected with a Kamado n00b I'm sure. :)  I have smoked a lot of meals (turkey, chicken, ribs, brisket, pork butt) and have also grilled hamburgers, hot dogs,  steaks. And I've roasted some potatoes as well. Tonight I'm roasting chicken and vegetables . This weekend I'll be making black eyed peas in a Dutch oven and then next week I'm going to tackle prime rib. So yeah, Im addicted right now and trying all kids of stuff. Again feel free to ask any questions about it and send any suggestions for things to try! 

It seems that all the questions that people have had have been answered. The all weatherproof stainless and aluminum construction look like they will last forever. The tongue and groove seal on the dome looks excellent. The melting question has been answered.

At 150 pounds and its tough construction combined with a full lifetime warranty--it looks like something that can be loaded by two people and taken tailgating with out any worry about damage. Waiting for it to cool down might be a problem when you want to go home.

At $1,800 and tax free with free shipping it seems reasonable. You do loose 4 inches  in diameter as compared to a ceramic at that price range.

2 hours ago, Marty said:

It seems that all the questions that people have had have been answered. The all weatherproof stainless and aluminum construction look like they will last forever. The tongue and groove seal on the dome looks excellent. The melting question has been answered.

At 150 pounds and its tough construction combined with a full lifetime warranty--it looks like something that can be loaded by two people and taken tailgating with out any worry about damage. Waiting for it to cool down might be a problem when you want to go home.

At $1,800 and tax free with free shipping it seems reasonable. You do loose 4 inches  in diameter as compared to a ceramic at that price range.

It answered all of my questions, the extra 4 inches is something to consider but not deal breaker!

1 hour ago, Qholic said:

Seems to me that there would be a problem with galvanic corrosion if the Blaze gets wet. Would have been better to make some of the SS out of aluminum.

What are the chances of that happening? Not being rude just would like to know % of that happening!

What are the chances of that happening? Not being rude just would like to know % of that happening!

Rain and humidity comes to mind especially if you live in a coastal area like I do then you can add salt to the mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rain and humidity comes to mind especially if you live in a coastal area like I do then you can add salt to the mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They have a lifetime warranty on all parts, including the grates. There may be conditions on that as far as if you keep it out in the elements with no cover of course. It would certainly be worth asking them about what the warranty covers as far as corrosion. It is 304 guage stainless steel, so that does offer some protection on its own.