JayhawkPharmer

CharBROIL Kamander (not CharGriller)

Just stumbled onto this.... Looks pretty cool.  Very similar to the Akorn, some cool looking differences.  Most obvious difference is the "bottom" vent being piped up to where the opening/control wheel is up on the side table.  Anyone see these out in the real world?

http://www.charbroil.com/products/charcoal-grills/kamado-grills/kamander-charcoal-grill

327 cooking surface for main area... Calculates to 20.4" diameter.

Hmmm interesting design. Looks like a way for water to make its way to the bottom of the grill quicker ;)

i wonder what their theory was for putting the vent there.

the positives are that it's easy to see both vents without bending over and it would be convienent to blast air down that tube with a blow drier to speed things up

Looks like the vent tube routes into the middle at the bottom. How do they handle ash accumulation clogging or restricting that or do they expect you to clean that area out after every cook. 

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:57 AM, Grabber70Mach said:

Interesting design on the lower intake vent.

My thinking is they are using the UDS approach for their vent.

UDS Smoker.jpg

I like it and the grates are coated that for me is a big plus!

On 12/4/2016 at 6:18 AM, ckreef said:

Looks like the vent tube routes into the middle at the bottom. How do they handle ash accumulation clogging or restricting that or do they expect you to clean that area out after every cook. 

There is an ash pan above the bottom center air intake,  On the ash pan there are air holes around the upper 1/3 of the side.  The charcoal grate sets above that.  Air comes up around the edge of the pan, enters the holes and proceeds up through the burning lump.  Ash falls to the bottom of the pan so it doesn't impact air flow.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, JayhawkPharmer said:

Just stumbled onto this.... Looks pretty cool.  Very similar to the Akorn, some cool looking differences.  Most obvious difference is the "bottom" vent being piped up to where the opening/control wheel is up on the side table.  Anyone see these out in the real world?

http://www.charbroil.com/products/charcoal-grills/kamado-grills/kamander-charcoal-grill

327 cooking surface for main area... Calculates to 20.4" diameter.

It's not there anymore, looks like they took it down when I first went to the site it said out of stock now nothing-Curious!

That's odd.  I noticed the "out of stock" status when I posted this.  Did a Google search to see if it was selling anywhere, and Google didn't bring up anything... Still doesn't.  Maybe someone jumped the gun a little on a product that's not quite ready for release?

When you look at the 'products' page on their website... Go to charcoal grills... They have a "Kamado Grills" subcategory, and then a Kettleman -Weber kettle looking option.

• Kamado Grills

There are no products within this subcategory.

http://www.charbroil.com/products/charcoal-grills

17 minutes ago, JayhawkPharmer said:

That's odd.  I noticed the "out of stock" status when I posted this.  Did a Google search to see if it was selling anywhere, and Google didn't bring up anything... Still doesn't.  Maybe someone jumped the gun a little on a product that's not quite ready for release?

When you look at the 'products' page on their website... Go to charcoal grills... They have a "Kamado Grills" subcategory, and then a Kettleman -Weber kettle looking option.

• Kamado Grills

There are no products within this subcategory.

http://www.charbroil.com/products/charcoal-grills

Yeah that's what I saw, I hope it was posted prematurely because I was interested!

Has anyone here bought one yet?  I'd love to see one.  They are being retailed in Canada by Home Hardware.  Maybe other retailers as well but just saw them in their flyer.

55 minutes ago, K'man said:

Has anyone here bought one yet?  I'd love to see one.  They are being retailed in Canada by Home Hardware.  Maybe other retailers as well but just saw them in their flyer.

In search type in A new contender? and it brings up the thread with detailed photos of it page 2

Garvin