Lid frozen shut

DXM12

19 minutes ago, HCOJ said:

Drop a couple pieces of hot lump through the top opening.

Depending on how this blanket trick works another suggestion was to add a firestarter thru the bottom vent and let it burn out. I don't want to get things too hot as I wanted to a rib cook at around 250

7 minutes ago, BSA said:

See, we do get freezing weather around here.  Don't rush the process or your gaskets may pull off.

Yeah! Wanted to take advantage of the sunshine and throw some ribs on, but maybe I'll defer to a different day as I would hate for that to happen.

6 minutes ago, BSA said:

Maybe a hair dryer might work.

Yeah, I agree with BSA. The cause of your "stuck together" situation is most likely moisture frozen in the gasket material. I would just use a hair dryer pointing the air flow directly at the gasket. If the springs and hinge assembly have any indication of ice I would also hit them with warm air from the hair dryer. When the top starts to lift, be careful  as I think you could shred some of the gasket if parts come free while some remain stuck together. Good Luck. 

1 hour ago, DXM12 said:

Depending on how this blanket trick works another suggestion was to add a firestarter thru the bottom vent and let it burn out. I don't want to get things too hot as I wanted to a rib cook at around 250

That is the "standard way". 

This assumes you didn't fuse the gaskets after a high temp burn.