Garvinque

My Mini WSM

When I started this project my intentions were to have the lid of the Smokey Joe serve as the lid, but my pot had other idea's the lip of the pot was to big and I didn't want to alter it. So I decided to use the UDS approach with lid. I have two levels to place my grate but I will not ever use both levels at one time, just wanted to be able to cook chicken pieces at higher level and still have the ability to smoke larger cuts of meat at the second level.

Mini wsm 002.jpgmini wsm 008.jpgmini wsm 012.jpgmini wsm 007.jpgmini wsm 002.jpgmini wsm 004.jpgMini wsm 006.jpg

Mini cook 008.jpgMini cook 004.jpg

Mini cook 011.jpg

Mini cook 005.jpg

Mini cook 008.jpg

19 minutes ago, Freddyj said:

awesome mini, i built one, theyre fun to cook on.

Yes they are fun, I hope to do a side by side comparison with my Akorn Jr. with some boston butts to see which gives me the best pulled pork!

Yep, I built a couple of Mini-WSM smokers prior to getting into Kamado Grills.  I realized I was just trying to achieve the long burn time a Kamado naturally gives, by modifying a small grill.  They were great little smokers though.  Here is a picture of one of the electronically controlled Mini-WSM builds with a 40 quart pot, next to an actual 14.5 WSM.

mini-wsm 40 qt next to WSM-14dot5.jpg

1 hour ago, Addertooth said:

Yep, I built a couple of Mini-WSM smokers prior to getting into Kamado Grills.  I realized I was just trying to achieve the long burn time a Kamado naturally gives, by modifying a small grill.  They were great little smokers though.  Here is a picture of one of the electronically controlled Mini-WSM builds with a 40 quart pot, next to an actual 14.5 WSM.

mini-wsm 40 qt next to WSM-14dot5.jpg

I have the 14.5 WSM also but have never used it!

17 minutes ago, Addertooth said:

I got lucky on the WSM... bought it on summer close-out at Walmart for 99 bucks, then sold it to a buddy for the same price.  No financial loss, and I got to play with it for free.

Same deal for me, can't bring myself to sell but don't want to use-Go figure right! My problem is I want all the cool toys and this site and the people on it have only made that issue worse-lol because now I want a Komodo Kamado, Big Joe, and a Weber Summit!

12 minutes ago, Garvinque said:

Same deal for me, can't bring myself to sell but don't want to use-Go figure right! My problem is I want all the cool toys and this site and the people on it have only made that issue worse-lol because now I want a Komodo Kamado, Big Joe, and a Weber Summit!

I think that you have it wrong!!! What you need is a four car garage--I mean working grill museum or an old two story factory with a big pavillion in front to cook and hang out. Maybe even a camper in the back. LOL Wait that is what I need.

18 minutes ago, bbqboss84601 said:

I like your mini. I just sold my 14 WSM and this just made me miss it for a few!

I have both but haven't used my WSM since I purchased it go figure! Happy New Year!