Sbgautney

First time. Any advice appreciated

Just got my UMAi bags in! I have been reading a lot about this topic from you guys. Gonna try my first dry aging process. Wish me luck and I'll try to keep it updated throughout. Will pick up the meat this weekend and get started. 

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. 

image.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By benadriaensen
      Hi all

After a very long time of reading reviews, comparing prices, and saving money, I've finally bought a KJ Classic (see picture).
      I am based in Switzerland, where upper grade meat cuts are very expensive, so I'd love to learn more about cooking cheaper cuts of meat. 
      Here's a random selection of thoughts I have so far:

1. Some of my favourite meals ever included hot smoked razor clams and octopus. Would anyone have an idea where I could find more info on this forum about this?
      2. I do have some very specific questions, e.g.: when cooking burgers on a cast iron griddle, does the fire provide a significant amount of taste, as compared to a stovetop? How should I go about finding more information? Is it ok to start a new threat and ask directly?

Looking forward to learning from this community

Ben

• By mslagle
      This is the second year we have done beef wellington for Christmas Eve dinner. Not going to lie, this dish takes a lot of prep work.

This year I decided to do everything but the puff pastry the night before. Prepped the mushroom duxelles and sauted it until completely dry. Shingled prosciutto and spread a thin layer of the mushroom duxelles over it. Quickly seared the center cut of a prime beef tenderloin and brushed it with dijon mustard. Used Oak Ridge BBQ’s Carne Crusta Steakhouse & Santa Maria rubs. Then wrapped it in the prosciutto/duxelles layer and put it in the fridge overnight. On Christmas Eve I wrapped it in a puff pastry and topped it with another layer of latticed pastry. Cooked on the Kamado Joe at +/- 400 degrees. Pulled the beef wellington when the internal temperature reached 127 degrees. Served it with salad, baked potatoes and a red wine reduction. I forgot got to get a picture while it was on the grill, and the money shot didn’t have the best lighting, but it was a perfect medium rare in the center. The wife and in-laws loved it and that’s what Christmas is all about! 

• By odamaK
      I am looking for and original Kamado Joe Big Joe rolling stand or cart that came with the big joe. Looking to take my stand-alone Joe and put it into a cart. I am located in Canada, in the GTA in Ontario, please contact me if you have one you are willing to part with 

Thank you
    • By Kentuckyboy76
      Hello all, 

Just picked up a Kamado Grill to replace my old gas grill. Dived right in and did a 8 pound brisket this weekend. Looking forward to learning more!

• By Hulk
      Hey gang, I recently received my iKamand, and it works great.  I’m not able to find anyone selling extra probes for the unit for slot 2 and 3.  Has anyone had any luck?

Also, while I’m on the topic of iKamand, has anyone had success getting a DC to USB setup to work, so a cord doesn’t have to be drug across the patio?  The idea would be to use it with a usb battery back or something similar.

I left some pics to get your mouths watering while I wait for a response.