What's your last Kamado cook 2016?

Garvinque

What's your last Kamado cook for 2016, I will be cooking a Tri-Tip on the Jr finished with a board dressing/sauce-shuley[emoji4]?!
Tri-Tip Roast.jpg

I did that two nights ago :). It will be my last kamado cook of the year. :). Let me know how it goes. I had EXCELLENT results. It was my first time using a board sauce for tri tip.

Nice cook.

There is streaming gibberish on the bottom mixed with some of what you are saying. Is this some setting that got turned on on my computer?? Or is it a glitch in some voice conversion program?

Never mind. Some how I had turned the closed captioning button on. At times the the vast amount that i do not know is depressing. It was a real mess. It seemed like live news feed combined with some of what you were saying.

The good news is that I now know how to turn the narration on and off.

That cook looks like a nice meal for the wife and myself this NY eve.

37 minutes ago, Marty said:

Nice cook.

There is streaming gibberish on the bottom mixed with some of what you are saying. Is this some setting that got turned on on my computer?? Or is it a glitch in some voice conversion program?

The Closed Captioning is on by default for that video. Just click the CC icon at the bottom to turn it off. But it is kinda fun to see how wrong it get everything. ;)

Scorching hot kamado 650-700. Steaks to warm up 1-2 hours beforehand. Baste with ghee, grind salt + pepper. One chunk of oak in the pit. For 1.25" steak high heat 1 minute and then quarter twist and another minute. Then flip the steaks & repeat.

Used BGE lump & 1 chunk of old bourbon barrel oak.

Was my very first cook ever on a kamado & last cook of 2016.

At about 4 minutes remove from grill & foil wrap. Rest for 5-10min and then enjoy.

My ribeyes like that turned out nice & medium rare tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro