Anybody here running a KickAsh in your S-series?

GLOCKer

Hahahaha No!!!  I've been waffling on buying one for the longest time.  I'm preparing for the strong possibility I'll have to make the decision to buy one.

My fingers are crossed though.  Winning one would be huge!  But I've learned from my wife to plan for the "worse case scenario."

I have the previous generic fit version of the Kick Ash Basket for my Vision Classic B.  Perhaps the form fitted one would be better, but I wasn't blown away with the one I have.  There is a fair gap around the edges and the lump capacity is definitely diminished.  I'm sure the Vision specific one would be better - but I don't know that I am compelled enough to try again at this point.

I have the previous generic fit version of the Kick Ash Basket for my Vision Classic B.  Perhaps the form fitted one would be better, but I wasn't blown away with the one I have.  There is a fair gap around the edges and the lump capacity is definitely diminished.  I'm sure the Vision specific one would be better - but I don't know that I am compelled enough to try again at this point.

I just ordered the vision specific model for my Classic B, but haven't received it yet. I'll try to post a picture of the fit if I remember...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4634c3d84d195c548e4fc7560dbb7c7c.jpgb1bf04aafee4924b871c987702e2e910.jpg4433228574fa778c6247ca7d9d48a9f6.jpg1f26de07e11c1006063cd10065588d79.jpg

Yesterday I did a 10 hour cook, after getting home at 2am, I was up at 6 getting the kamado going.

Starting with a full kick ash basket of lump. This is what was left.

The rain just stopped and I'm ready to get dinner cooking so it was a good time to snap pictures.

I'm using Johns method of putting my fire starter cube in the ash catch drawer. Works fantastic.

Clean up is easy, super easy. I haven't even bothered to take out my shop vac. Shake, use my ash rake and drop all the waste to the drawer.

The KAB fits snug. You pick up from the inside grip, there's no possible way of getting my caveman hands between the pit and the basket.

Hope this helps.

Happy New Year!

• 3 months later...

the reviews all over the forums on these baskets is great.  and the pics above were more than enough to sell it to me too.  just ordered one.

will be curious to see if an electric starter will still work via the front port on a vision s when employing the kab.  of course to use the starter, one would also need to keep the cast grate as the sleeve bolts to it.  ah well, if i have to give those up, that's a great idea to set a cube into the ashtray.

10 hours ago, bluayeddvl said:

the reviews all over the forums on these baskets is great.  and the pics above were more than enough to sell it to me too.  just ordered one.

will be curious to see if an electric starter will still work via the front port on a vision s when employing the kab.  of course to use the starter, one would also need to keep the cast grate as the sleeve bolts to it.  ah well, if i have to give those up, that's a great idea to set a cube into the ashtray.

I have a KAB in my series B and start it up with a starter cube in the ash drawer. Light it and slide it in.