Overnight Pork Shoulder Roast with the Flame Boss 200 Wifi

I am firing up my Kamado Joe Classic to cook a 10 pound pork shoulder roast overnight... I am going to use the Flame Boss 200 Wifi controller to run the pit overnight... it's windy and rainy here tonight...  Here is a link to the live cook on the Flame Boss:

https://myflameboss.com/cooks/61380

I will post some photos of the meat prep shortly....

Shoulder00280.jpg

I unwrapped this shoulder roast and trimmed off the skin and fat cap.  I rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel...

Shoulder00281.jpg

I gave this one a good seasoning with the Meat Church "The Gospel" all purpose rub... good stuff!

Shoulder0282.jpg

I put it on the Kamado Joe Clasic using a small paella pan as a drip pan...

Shoulder0283.jpg

We will let the Flame Boss 200 Wifi run this pit all night at 225....

3 hours ago, Caddojumper said:

Kind of cool with the live feed from the FB. Seemed to be some large fluctuations getting the pit settled, but once it locked in, it has stayed spot on.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's windy and rainy here so the pit is dealing with the wind... never easy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tarnation
      Prepped this little half butt for a work Halloween potluck last night, cooking it tonight.  Just a little teaser before I tucked in and put it to bed.

• By JohnnyAppetizer
      Thawed the frozen leftover pork, acquired necessary ingredients.

rehydrated the guajillo peppers, then:
      all Kamado, all the way!

Onion, pepper, garlic, oregano simmering into a  paste.

Drained the hominy, added the water from the pepper rehydration, a bay leaf and let that simmer for a while.
      Added the pork and guajillo paste and let that simmer.

Pozole !

• By Brickyoung
      Hey family,

I plan to smoke 7 pork butts on my Big Joe using my extender rack.  All the butts weigh between 7-8 pounds.  

Should I maintain the general rule of approx 1.5 -2 hours cook time at 225? With that, is it fair to say this cool will be approx 16 hours for all 7 butts? I just want to make sure the extra capacity doesn’t affect my cook time.

I’d appreciate advice based on prior experience from you folks. 

Thanks!
    • By dathzo
      Hi all,

I have lately been researching about temperature controllers for Kamados. Several alternatives are out there and each of them have their fan base. A lot of the information available is based on feeling and intuition, which is great. However, I miss a repository of information based on factual data of the controller's performance provided by users. This is the intention of this thread and hopefully, it will serve to educate the audience, firstly on how to make the choice when buying a temperature controller and secondly how to best use them.

I have put together a set of questions for the people to answer that will help fellow BBQers immersed into the temperature controllers world.

Thank you all in advance for supporting this research project!

1. What Kamado cooker you are using?
      2. What temperature controller do you have?
      3. What are your vent and fan settings on your Kamado? (Pictures when available)
      4. Where do you place your ambient probe for temperature control? (Pictures when available)
      5. At what point on your cook you let the controller to take over
      6. Please share the graph from your temperature control with eventual fan output
      7. What do you love about your controller?
      8. What would you improve about your controller?
      9. Anything else you want to share
      10. And last but not least, share pictures of your cook 
    • By cwhuling
      I ended up with a mostly free Saturday and decided to cook a couple of Boston Butts.  I finished my other chores early and decided to make home made rolls and Cole slaw to go with the pork.  This was the first time I brined a Boston Butt and was pleased with the outcome.