yoder327

Lose 34 lbs the year I turn 34

17 posts in this topic

I'll be 34 on February 6th! I'm gonna lose 34 lbs this year. Probably won't happen between now and my birthday which is fine, but it will happen this year!

I weighed 302.2 yesterday so I have to get down to 268.2. My goal is to not weigh more than 270 ever again in my life.

Here's a before (current) pic:

b822c4da68c7a5141ff12630f3976abe.jpg

Here's to health so we can grill and bbq for as many years as possible! LoL

Freddyj, John Setzler and TKOBBQ like this

17 minutes ago, yoder327 said:

I'll be 34 on February 6th! I'm gonna lose 34 lbs this year. Probably won't happen between now and my birthday which is fine, but it will happen this year!

I weighed 302.2 yesterday so I have to get down to 268.2. My goal is to not weigh more than 270 ever again in my life.

Here's a before (current) pic:

b822c4da68c7a5141ff12630f3976abe.jpg

Here's to health so we can grill and bbq for as many years as possible! LoL

Welcome, stop by and introduce yourself. 

Happy impending bday. I will be 40 soon...

^ I was just thinking the same as I just turned 40 couple of weeks ago.

Yoder is certainly throwing a challenge with his post!

I'll meditate on this a bit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Happy early birthday. I definitely think keeping myself healthy is very important for not only me but to set a good example for my young kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marauders likes this

Fine goal, just take the entire year to accomplish it. If you loose weight over time you are more likely to keep it off.  My fie and I lost about 35lbs each a few years ago. Simple formula, we watched portion size, carbs, and ate mostly meat, poultry, and fish along with veggies. We also worked up to walking 5 to 8 miles about 5 or 6 days a week.  More discipline than rocket science. May the force be with you. 

Lets see. I am 5' 11" and weighed 165 this morning and I am 67 years old. Now if I lost 1 lb. for ever year I would...blow away in a hard wind.  :-o

Good luck with your goal, I am 43 years old and in Oct I went on a very restrictive 40 diet and lost about 30 lbs, I have gained a little back since but I am in much better shape than I was back then.  

On Oct 17 I was 247.5 and now I am 223

Good on you mate! I started a bit of a health kick myself this year. I have let myself slide a bit over the past few years and I too need to lose some weight. I won't be changing my grilling though, that's never been my issue. It's being slack at work and buying junk (on top of the healthy food I take) so I have cut that out this year. Looking forward to seeing your progress mate!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I'm down 15 lbs already!!

My wife and I did the Whole30 diet this summer and I lost 30 lbs but gained it all back once we went off the diet. It's a super strict diet with no "cheats" or any leeway. It was great to do it once and sort of a badge of honor knowing I stuck with it and didn't slip at all, but this time around my goal is to develop an eating system/habits that I can stick with the rest of my life. I don't need some nazi diet that lasts thirty days. I need a healthy eating plan that will last the rest of my life.

This time around, I'm sticking to some of the main tenets of that diet but not going crazy. It's working!! Here's to the healthiest years of my life! They are ahead of me, not behind!!

For those curious, I've basically just cut out the following:

Sugar
Bread and pasta
Soda
Simple carbs and
Processed food of any kind

I'm not counting calories or carbs, not watching fat grams, etc. If I'm hungry, I eat. I just don't pig out and overeat.

A normal day for me now looks something like: 4 eggs for breakfast with spinach or salsa for some extra flavor, a salad with chicken for lunch, a big piece of meat for dinner with a yellow or sweet potato and/or some green veggie on the side.

Meat is your friend! As long as you're not drowning it in some sugary bbq sauce (which no self respecting bbq connoisseur should do anyway) then eat as much bbq as you want!! Any diet that says I can eat as many ribeye, pork ribs, and smoked chicken thighs I want is a winner in my book! LoL

Good luck gentlemen! As our friend said above, "more discipline than rocket science"

marauders likes this

I retired 5 years ago, stopped living in motels and eating in restaurants, gave up 90% of the carbs I was consuming and lost so far about 48 lbs.   Built a barn, pumphouse, chicken coupe, greenhouse, and did some equity work on our house.   Still haven't gained any of it back so far.   197 and holding, used to be 6' 1", not so sure about that now.

I retired 5 years ago, stopped living in motels and eating in restaurants, gave up 90% of the carbs I was consuming and lost so far about 48 lbs.   Built a barn, pumphouse, chicken coupe, greenhouse, and did some equity work on our house.   Still haven't gained any of it back so far.   197 and holding, used to be 6' 1", not so sure about that now.

That's a winning combination right there!!

After reading Yoder's first post, it also inspired (or at least was the final piece of the puzzle) to drop some extra weight. Haven't done anything special, mostly just cut the ammount of crap I've been eating and drinking.

And before I got this damn flu, also started doing 1-2 hour walks.

So far I've dropped little over 15lbs. So on the right track!

Thanks Yoder for the inspiration.

yoder327 likes this

Yoder, you don't look like 302 lbs in that picture, you carry the weight well. Good luck in your efforts. Your smart to start now, my experience has been that once you hit 40, and especially 50, it seems much harder to lose weight. I don't know if it's a metabolism change or what, but in my case losing weight has become significantly more difficult as I've gotten older.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yoder327 likes this

:welcome: and good for you and your wife, it's always easier to do something like with someone you care about!!:bravo:

Garvin

yoder327 likes this

Yoder, you don't look like 302 lbs in that picture, you carry the weight well. Good luck in your efforts. Your smart to start now, my experience has been that once you hit 40, and especially 50, it seems much harder to lose weight. I don't know if it's a metabolism change or what, but in my case losing weight has become significantly more difficult as I've gotten older.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't jinx it! I just turned 40