OpenRange

Roadshow Ready When Doors Open?

1 hour ago, BSA said:

I just heard from Kamado Joe.  The info about not having the Joe Jr st the Costco shows is untrue.  Big relief for me.

Thanks for the info BSA that is a relief.  I am hoping to snag the deal and then off to the races.  I have been totally immersed watching soooo.... many videos and spent soooo..... much time researching  Kamado's that I am now actually dreaming about KJ's WEIRD, or is it????

Cheers,

OR

8 hours ago, Flopsy said:

Yeah mine was first come first serve in may in Frederick, MD. But I showed up 30 min before doors opened, stood DIRECTLY in front of the entrance so nobody could pass me

Ummm, aren't those gigantic garage doors, maybe 20 feet wide? LOL. I would have loved to have seen that. Once those doors go up, it tends to look more like this:

Start3-HoustonM15.jpg

I got the BJ and Joe Jr. deal at a roadshow last summer.  On the first day of the sale, the deal was already gone. Rep stated he normally offers them to the store manager ( who had already bought it).  They were having another roadshow two weeks later at a Costco 30 miles away. He agreed to sell me the demo deal for that store and tell the manager that is unable to offer the deal to him due to the volume of sales at the last location.  That was my experience. 

On 1/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, OpenRange said:

Thanks for the info BSA that is a relief.  I am hoping to snag the deal and then off to the races.  I have been totally immersed watching soooo.... many videos and spent soooo..... much time researching  Kamado's that I am now actually dreaming about KJ's WEIRD, or is it????

Cheers,

OR

You belong here.  Welcome to the club. 

6 hours ago, charris said:

Rep stated he normally offers them to the store manager ( who had already bought it). 

To me that is wrong in so many ways. KJ should part ways with that rep especially after admitting that to a customer. Also bad manager for putting his personal desires before the customer. 

On 2017-01-09 at 4:31 PM, Kamadoug said:

I went to a roadshow several months ago and inquired about the BJ/Jr deal.  FWIW, the KJ rep told me that they offer the deal to the Costco manager before offering it to the general public.  

Thanks for bringing this up.  We have addressed this with the Costco Reps (the majority do not operate this way)...it shouldn't be happening that way...it has always intended to be a first come (pay) first served (get) scenario.