22 minutes ago, cajunlady said:

I am looking for a new grill light to use with my Akorn. Can anybody recommend one that provides good lighting? Thanks.

I have two. One that attaches to the handle and points directly at the grill when the lid is up, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtek-Bright-Barbecue-Grilling-Adjustable/dp/B00XZVQZ9G/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1484500423&sr=8-8&keywords=Grill+light

And the other is a head lamp, which I like because it points where I do. 

https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Vision-Headlamp-Batteries-Included/dp/B00TI8GSE2/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1484500534&sr=8-16&keywords=headlamp

I prefer the latter, but always forget to put it on. 

8 hours ago, Cgriller64 said:

I have that similar design that I wear when walking our dog at night while camping.  Hmmmm I guess I either need 2 or bring it in from the RV.  BTW they work great and battery can be changed.

Cheers,

OR

11 minutes ago, OpenRange said:

I have that similar design that I wear when walking our dog at night while camping.  Hmmmm I guess I either need 2 or bring it in from the RV.  BTW they work great and battery can be changed.

Cheers,

OR

We got ours for camping as well OR. When I first saw one I laughed thinking it gimmicky but they really do work.

I was looking for a good a bright grill light and could not find one I liked so I built my own from parts from Amazon. I bought the following:

tactical flashlight with 2 rechargeable li-ion batteries and charger

19 inch flexible microphone gooseneck

microphone holder (the clip type)

2 inch hand clamp

microphone to 3/4 inch adapter

I had 3/4 inch bolt, nuts and some washers in the garage

I researched diy go pro mounts on google until I found a design I liked that utilized a clamp. I drilled a hole in the clamp and mounted the bolt to the clamp with a washer and a nut. Then the adapter screwed into the bolt and the gooseneck to the adapter. On the other end of the gooseneck you screw on the microphone clip. You now have a mount that you can clip anywhere. I mount mine to my BJ side shelf. It is very secure and provides more than enough light to grill in the middle of the night. I got the original idea from a guy on the BGE site who made a permanent table mounted version and modified to suit my needs. 

Best grill light I have ever owned. 

1 hour ago, packer01 said:

I was looking for a good a bright grill light and could not find one I liked so I built my own from parts from Amazon. I bought the following:

tactical flashlight with 2 rechargeable li-ion batteries and charger

19 inch flexible microphone gooseneck

microphone holder (the clip type)

2 inch hand clamp

microphone to 3/4 inch adapter

I had 3/4 inch bolt, nuts and some washers in the garage

I researched diy go pro mounts on google until I found a design I liked that utilized a clamp. I drilled a hole in the clamp and mounted the bolt to the clamp with a washer and a nut. Then the adapter screwed into the bolt and the gooseneck to the adapter. On the other end of the gooseneck you screw on the microphone clip. You now have a mount that you can clip anywhere. I mount mine to my BJ side shelf. It is very secure and provides more than enough light to grill in the middle of the night. I got the original idea from a guy on the BGE site who made a permanent table mounted version and modified to suit my needs. 

Best grill light I have ever owned. 

Pictures??