KJ Classic - Best Smashburger setup?

Hi All, I'm looking for some advice on which accessories to buy for doing smash burgers.

I have an older Kamado Joe Classic without the divide and conquer setup.

1. Cast Iron Griddle / Skillet / Pizza stone?

2. GrillGrates ?

3. Heavy Duty Spatula / Turner ?

Thanks!

Kirby

Half moon CI plate with a decent solid spatula will do it. When I say "solid" spatula, I'm talkin one with no holes in the blade and a study handle. You'll need something that can withstand the force of you pressing down on the handle and smashing the burger. A good, straight, edge you can sharpen is a plus; that will help you scrape them up with ease and make cleanup a breeze. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Cue said:

Half moon CI plate with a decent solid spatula will do it. When I say "solid" spatula, I'm talkin one with no holes in the blade and a study handle. You'll need something that can withstand the force of you pressing down on the handle and smashing the burger. A good, straight, edge you can sharpen is a plus; that will help you scrape them up with ease and make cleanup a breeze. 

^^^^ Like Cue says. That's how I do it so it must be right :rofl:

+1 to the solid spatula, a good scraper (I use a bench scraper) and the parchment assist

Kenji uses a flat drywall or concrete trowel to smash. The one that is a flat rectangle with the handle on top. That would get all the pressure directly over the patty. Pretty inexpensive, too. If I didn't have a nice spatula, I'd consider picking up a trowel.