Classic joe nest or table

Herbert

Hi,

I`m looking forward to buy a classic Joe to go along with my Q 300.

I´m only not sure if I should get the stand alone or the normal one in the nest.

Maybe you can help me out there.

here the stand alone is around 150 Us more than the one in the Nest, but comes with the stainless Steel parts,

are these worth the extra money or just shine looking?

And what do you thing about the Nest, is it sturdy for Years or will be just used until a table is build.

Greetings

Herbert

If you can´t get my English, please feel free and ask.

15 hours ago, ErikJL said:

I'd get the stand-alone, it just looks nicer and holds up good (got a Classic for close to 3 years now ...) especially in a table which by the way is way more practical than the nest / cart ... 

Hi,

You mean it holds up better than the normal one?

I guess I'll build a table in the long run, but that could go a few month until I find the time, now is skiing, after that............ 

If the quality of the cast iron is the same I could just start grilling away and someday when I feel like it build a table.

If you all say now the stainless steal is better qualitywise, than I could stand it on a few concrete rings for the time being 

Quality is rock solid on both. Stainless just doesn't rust by it's nature. The regular one is coated cast iron, which needs to be properly looked after to prevent rusting.

Standalone version comes with small ceramic feet. I have on those on my back porch & happily cook away. I'll build the table in the summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 1/21/2017 at 4:40 AM, Herbert said:

Hi,

You mean it holds up better than the normal one?

I guess I'll build a table in the long run, but that could go a few month until I find the time, now is skiing, after that............ 

If the quality of the cast iron is the same I could just start grilling away and someday when I feel like it build a table.

If you all say now the stainless steal is better qualitywise, than I could stand it on a few concrete rings for the time being 

I don't think it holds up better or worse than the CI one i just think that it looks better but that's just me either choice is gonna be fine. I'm a big fan of a table style configuration since you'll be buying accessories that you need to store and it'll add some needed work space as well ...  

Thanks for the input,

Guess I`ll go with the stand alone,

and the grill expander,

I still have a Pizza Stone, is a bit larger than the KJ one, but should work.

what do you think about the Marabu Charcoal for the Kamado

It is really up to you. I have the standalone BigJoe in the KJ SS table.  I love it for many reasons including fireproof, storage and zero maintenance. 

I have the the skills to build a wooden table, but I know I lack the time and motivation to refinish it every year. 

depends on climate & storing.. in my neck of woods it would rust pretty fast. And there are plenty of examples in this forum of that happening.

But it's not that harmfull, mostly just looks messy if it's rusty. Just needs a good coat of oil every now and then to prevent it happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I ordered the stand alone, should arive on wed. , I quickly made a small stand for the beginn, just a concrede Flower-ring some woodblanks, and a square concrete spacer for the heat.

Should do the trick for a few months.

Will ad a picture once it,s set up, and once I figuered out how to post pictures in the first place.:x