Garvinque

Pizza Lasagna

The only thing I would change with this recipe is make 50/50 mix of ground beef with the pork, also a 50/50 mix with the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese other wise this is a rocking recipe!

Here is what you'll need!

Pizza Lasagna
Servings: 8-10

INGREDIENTS
1 pound Italian sausage or an 50/50 mix with ground beef
1 yellow onion, sliced
1½ cups bell peppers, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups marinara or pizza sauce
12 lasagna noodles, cooked
6 ounces (180 grams) sliced pepperoni
1 cup basil, packed
3 cups mozzarella
1 small tub of Ricotta cheese/ or an 50/50 mix of rocitta/cottage cheese small curd
PREPARATION
Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
Over medium-high heat, cook Italian sausage until browned, then remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, cook onion until translucent, then add bell peppers and garlic. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a 9x13-inch baking dish, begin to assemble the lasagna by spreading a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Then, layer ingredients in the following order: noodles, ricotta, sausage, veggies, mozzarella, sauce, noodles, ricotta, pepperoni, basil, mozzarella, sauce, noodles, marinara, mozzarella, veggies, sausage, and pepperoni.
Place pan on a sheet tray and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until bubbling and starting to brown around the edges.
Enjoy!

The 50/50 ricotta cheese and cottage cheese mix- take one container of each cheese along with one egg and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and mix together and that's my 50/50 blend.

Definitely give that a try.  My wife made a lasagna a couple weeks ago and for the first time used the NO COOK lasagna and I can say we are not a fan.  Her meat mixture was 33/33/33 of sweet Italian, hot Italian and ground chuck.  So glad to see you did not suggest non cook lasagna, but of course that is an option for those that prefer.  We found that the non cook blended in with the cheese and meat and did not create a seperation of layers.

Cheers,

OR

25 minutes ago, OpenRange said:

Definitely give that a try.  My wife made a lasagna a couple weeks ago and for the first time used the NO COOK lasagna and I can say we are not a fan.  Her meat mixture was 33/33/33 of sweet Italian, hot Italian and ground chuck.  So glad to see you did not suggest, but of course that is an option for those that prefer.  

Cheers,

OR

No to no bake pasta! I can get with the sweet and hot Italian sausage together.