Kamado Jr how to booklet

BSA

I opened the envelope included with my Jr. And it is for the Big Joe and the Classic.  Did anyone get a book for the Jr.  Also I can't seem to find the serial number to register it.  I emailed Kamado Joe a few days ago but no response.  Help please.

The serial number for my Jr was inside the dome but my Classic did not have a serial number of the cooker itself.  When I called KJ they said to just used the one that is printed on the last page in your manual. Reason I had to call them was that my Classic had two manuals with it and I didn't know which number to use.  I do not think there is a different owners manual for the Jr.

Enjoy the Jr. I love mine.  As an empty nester, mine gets more use than my Classic.  

10 hours ago, benniesdad said:

The serial number for my Jr was inside the dome but my Classic did not have a serial number of the cooker itself.  When I called KJ they said to just used the one that is printed on the last page in your manual. Reason I had to call them was that my Classic had two manuals with it and I didn't know which number to use.  I do not think there is a different owners manual for the Jr.

Enjoy the Jr. I love mine.  As an empty nester, mine gets more use than my Classic.  

I notice you have yours on the stand.  Do you find it too low?  I have been looking at a wire shelving island type thing on Costco.com.  I would have to have a circle cut out of the top which is 16".  I figure where it would have to sit would make it about 14" around.  I am just worried about it being top heavy.  What to do, What to do?  I'm pretty sure with my bad back that isn't going to be easy to use that low.

I have used it setting at ground level as well as setting on a picnic table. Neither one is ideal. The ground is too low especially when using temperature monitoring and the picnic table is too high because you are cooking at almost eye level. I could probably get the right height if I took it out of its stand and put it straight on the table but I want to be able to move it around. For those reasons I have been looking for some sort of rolling cabinet similar to what I have seen others here use. I have considered getting a stand from a Classic but have not found one locally. Not sure that is the right solution either because of not having side tables available.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Kamado Joe is apparently making a table for it but I wonder what the cost would be.  I am thinking of having a friend make a wooden box type stand. I don't need anything fancy, just something to get it off the ground.  Today I put mine on a metal table I have next to my Vision without the stand.  It'S not ideal because I use that table.  Oh well onward and upward. Something will turn up.

• 7 months later...

I purchased my Joe Jr. from Lowes. It was a display model as they didn't have any in stock. It came without a manual and they couldn't find it. So without a manual i have no serial number to register the joe jr. Now i did go onto the site to register and filled out everything and a description  of purchase and it said it is registered. The question is if anything breaks and i goto claim repairs am i really register with out having sent in a serial number?  

49 minutes ago, Back burner said:

I purchased my Joe Jr. from Lowes. It was a display model as they didn't have any in stock. It came without a manual and they couldn't find it. So without a manual i have no serial number to register the joe jr. Now i did go onto the site to register and filled out everything and a description  of purchase and it said it is registered. The question is if anything breaks and i goto claim repairs am i really register with out having sent in a serial number?  

Good question, have you looked under the lid like mentioned?   Mine came with a manual and I can only hope the registration went ok without any hitches.   Guess I will find out if I ever have a claim.