6. Rob_grill_apprentice

Rob_grill_apprentice

7. ckreef

ckreef

8. Marty

Marty

• Similar Content

• By HokieOC
      Finally pulled the trigger on a Joetisserie and can’t wait to start using it. First up want to do a chicken as that seems simple and easy, but given the two pack Costco sells has anyone done two birds at the same time on a KJ Classic? I’ve searched but haven’t found much Info with people cooking two, other than a picture which seems to be a Big Joe. Seems like it might be tight but should make it as long as they aren’t over 5lbs each. Also wondering if that affects cooking time. 
    • By KJKiley
      So this finally happened today (just a few days short of 6 weeks). 

Since we’re rapidly running out of month, the inaugural cook also happens to be for the Five Ingredient Challenge.  I was inspired by John Setzler’s SloRoller chicken video so I opted for that method.

Ingredients:
      Whole chicken
      Pineapple
      Red pepper
      Vidalia onion
      Honey
      Wayward Gourmet Applewood Smoked BBQ Awesomeness
      Salt & Pepper
      Olive Oil

I did a dry brine on the chicken the night prior.

Finally fired up the grill and set it for 375.  I swapped sides at about the 35 minute point and bumped the temp up to 425, checked on them after an hour and reduced the temp to 400.  Pulled both at about 80-85 minutes.

Slow roasted the veggies with some salt & pepper and olive oil in the oven at 350, and finished on the grill.

True to John’s video, the chicken skin was crispy and the chicken super moist.  My wife’s assessment was ‘the best chicken I’ve ever cooked’ so I consider the first round (of many) a success.

• By Tracksoup
      Hey everyone. Call me Tracksoup. I'm an avid outdoorsman who enjoys hunting and fishing, its a great to know that I've played a part in putting food on the table.  

A few years ago I saw a BGE and became intrigued with the Kamado cooker. I could never bring myself to spend the $$$ to replace my propane BBQ with a kamado. But after months of saving my pennies to buy a motorcycle, my wife decided that she really didn't want me riding anymore, so I decided this was my opportunity to buy myself a Kamado grill. I did a lot of reading and research about the different kamado grills available (within a reasonable distance from where I live) and made the decision to buy myself a Vision Grills Pro S grill back in April 2020 & I couldn't be happier with my decision to go Kamado.

Up until now, my only BBQ experience was a propane grill & although I've got a health appetite, the flavour of the food was 'ho-hum'. Since I got my Vision grill, I've grilled everything from venison steaks & burgers, pork sausages, chicken breasts and thighs, I've smoked pork spare ribs and even a low & slow moose roast, there is so much more flavour in the food now & I'm cooking on my kamado way more often than I ever did with the propane BBQ. This thing is awesome!!! 

While looking for info & tips to familiarize myself with this wonderful cooker, I found Kamadoguru.com about mid-June. There is so much info on this forum & I am enjoying reading through the pages 

• By pmillen
      Ingredients
      2 Chicken half breasts cut into ½-inch strips
      Marinade Ingredients
      1½ Tablespoon of Italian Fusion Seasoning
      1 Cup of garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
      ¼ Cup of balsamic vinegar

Directions
      1.  Marinate the chicken strips for at least an hour (longer is fine)
      2.  Preheat the Masterbuilt 1050 to 400° with apple chunks in the ash basket for smoke.
      3.  Grill on Frog Mats until the internal temperature is 160°
      4.  Flip after 8 minutes
      5.  I grilled for 16 minutes and the IT was slightly over 160°

Note:
      The 1050 registered 400° but my Fireboard, with the temperature probe within an inch of the Masterbuilt’s probe, but close to and pointed at the cold food, registered closer to 360-365°.

• By DerHusker
      Our lemon tree is loaded with lemons, so I looked up things to cook with lemons. Chicken Scallopini uses lemon juice so I looked up a recipe and came up with this.

Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless – Cut in half)

1/4 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

1/4 cup Flour

1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs

1 tbsp. butter

2 tbsp. capers

1 tsp. minced parsley (and some for garnish)

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1/4 cup dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)

Cooking spray for pan

I started out covering my counter with plastic wrap and got out 2 boneless / skinless breasts.

I cut them in half horizontally, seasoned them with salt and pepper and covered them with plastic wrap.

I pounded them out to approximately ¼” thick.

I dredged them in a mixture of half flour and half Italian bread crumbs.

I spray my non-stick pan with a little red pepper olive oil and pre-heated it over medium high heat and placed in 2 pieces of chicken.

I cooked it for 3 minutes and flipped them. (You can see the red and golden potatoes cooking on the back burner)

Once all 4 pieces were cooked, I put 1 tbsp. of butter and 1/2 tsp. of flour in the pan. I mixed them together and than put in the capers, parsley, lemon juice and white wine. I let this cook down for approximately 2 minutes.

Once it started to reduce, I put the chicken back in and gave each piece a good coating while they reheated.

Here it is plated up with the potatoes and some green beans.

This was so good!

Thanks for looking.