we have a brand new grandson, born monday night at 10:55 pm 7lb 5 oz 20" Waylon Colt. They're coming home from the hospital today, and since everyone has eaten either hospital food or fast food all week, I did a chuck roast, potatoes and carrots on the akorn...

IMG_5858.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

Congratulations on your grandson!

That roast looks great. I've never done a roast on my Akorn but will be trying one soon. I know it won't come out crock pot tender, but does it still come out relatively tender? 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:08 PM, JDEaston said:

Congratulations on your grandson!

That roast looks great. I've never done a roast on my Akorn but will be trying one soon. I know it won't come out crock pot tender, but does it still come out relatively tender? 

yes, just cook it until it's "fork tender" you won't even have to cut it up.

I pulled this one because I was struggling to keep temps stable, or so I thought, I've found out since then that the probes for my Igrill are BOTH bad, so what I thought were issues with the temps, was actually an in accurate thermometer. they're sending me replacements and in the mean time, I've pulled the ole maverick back out to use